Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those that are in syd head down to Castle BMX track. The best place i have been to so far, although go during a weekday. Massive jumps and great air, but be prepared to damageyour truck. After 1.5 hr of bashing, i had a melted spur gear and a hole in my fuel tank.

Pics are comming soon. Spewing i didnt take the cam corder

·
Registered
222 Posts
its fred caterson reserve in castle hill...

http://www.whereis.com.au/whereis/mapping/renderMapAddress.do?name=Fred%20Caterson%20Reserve&streetNumber=&street=City%20Center&streetType=&suburb=Castle%20Hill&state=New%20South%20Wales&latitude=-33.71822&longitude=150.9826&navId=$0$00007773700000007562$&brandId=1&requiredZoomLevel=3

ive not been out there myself, but some of my mates thinks its the bees-knees :])

another good place for buggy bashing is don moore reserve in north rocks. tis where we go most weekends for a bash. im an on-roader, but my mates both have hyper7's that we thrash around the old bmx track....

oggier - u the fullah with the gv-rex diary page thingo yah? where do u live - if its north shore/hills district somewhere, go to www.racinglinehobbies.com.au/forum and checkout the where to race thread.... mght give u some good info. if u r in our area... might have to hook up for a bash one weekend :])Edited by: UncySpam

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey,

I live in castle hill and bash at the bmx track often. 1 word says it all, carnage. Its the best place to bash but inly if u dont get kicked off by all the riders. I ve got three friends with savages so we should organize a bashing day soon. Dunno if u guys know but theres also a rc track in fred caterson, kinda small but still cool.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hi!I live in the hills district too and I'd be in for some fun on the BMX track and will bring along the digicam and maybe the wife to hold it. hehe

If it's carnage there, it will have to wait for a few weeks for my current race competition to finish though. I don't want to be out of racing because of a little carnage.

Yeah, the off-road RC track is a clubs - Castle Hill RC off road racing club, "chrcorcc". 1/10 Electric off-road and nitro stadium trucks is all they cater for and they don't like it when big RCs or BMX bikes go and tear their track apart.

L8r, Oggy.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
remember bring along spares.

My friend and I suffered one punctured fuel tank and broken pipe, but all worth it

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Yeah Castle Hill is unreal, destroyed my mountain bike there, went back later & nearly killed my RC10 GT.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I took my MTB to that track a few years ago, looks like it would be a
good place to bash, but yeh there were alot of people there with BMX's
who I don't think would appreciate it trying to dodge your trucks.
(weekends)

Also, that link you posted Oztexs sends me to a microsoft site because
of the extra http:// at the beginning of the link. I use Firefox 1.0.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Castle Hill tmx track is v good. although i dont hav a MT i still
make my little cars do front flips. and yes i agree with the bit
about bringing your spare parts...you will need them ,trust me. I
broke my wheel axle and added a few scratches to the heatsink!
If anybody wants to get out there sometime for a little run
around im up for it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Man, you guys with trucks need to get a buggy!

I went there and crashed a few times and all I could do was stall my engine.

Yeah, it's good fun and at 3pm on a hot Sunday afternoon when I went, there was only a couple of bikes there and they were playing on the back end of the track with a few RCs on the front end.

I'll catch up with the other regulars there one day.

Cheers! Graham.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ogier said:
I'll catch up with the other regulars there one day.

Hhehehee... I love Castle Hill... eg:

Theres a few more photos of Castle Hill at http://vacated.net/gallery/rccars180105/. They're not all that great as it was a mates first go at the Digi Cam, but it gives you an idea of some of the jumps. Its a great track and generally those with bikes don't cause too much of a problem (at least on a Sunday when i go up there)

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
if theres a bash being set up for this place ill turn up, though i cant
promise anything as my truck seems to enjoy falling apart

has to be weekend though

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
im up for a bash around. just give me a couple of weeks till my
car is completely done and i'll be ready to give yous all a
thrashing
just jokin...i'll be driving my bomb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.