Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
yep another problem, the first time turning it on after installing everything, well it was working for like 5 mins, then it suddenly lost all power? and for some reason the radio box gets heaps hot even after 5 mins of it being on?

and ALSO, the steering it like, limited?

thanks

edit: was testing it out after the first run after installing new clutch holder and what not, on for 5 mins, killed it with the button on the TX, and then it just turned itself off and now and like lost all battery, and also the battery was fully charged.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

is this the correct way to wire it?

Channel 1: steering
channel 2: throttle / brake
channel 3: killerbee kill switch
and B/C is power isnt it?

·
Registered
873 Posts
When you say radio box do you mean the rx. SO you put a pico in it. When you killed it with the tx it worked fine is that right. Now will not start.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Maybe disconnect the pico and see what happens. How much charge did the charger say the battery had in it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've tried all the combinations haha, 7.54v I'm sure, now there is like no power at all, the battery and RX get heaps hot!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Process of elimination

Mate unplug your servo from he receiver & unplug the killer bee.
Just plug the battery directly to the receiver and by pass everything see if the red light or green light comes on. He green light will come on if you have your radio switched on.

Then if that works then plug your battery to your on off lead & then then plug the other end to the receiver & see if the the red light appears and you can switch it off & turn it on

Then plug in your servo and see if they work one at a time.

Then plug in your killer be and follow the sme process

At any time your receiver goes off or starts to over heat that could be your problem if you haven't already fried the receiver.

http://www.killerrc.com/videos/

Cheers

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
okay a strike of luck, when i wire it directly to the reciever, without the on/off switch, the red led comes on, does this mean it isnt fried?

could the on/off switch me faulty? i think i got another one with something i bought recently. should i have swapped it around?

edit: im 99% sure the on/off switch has fried itself

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So i have to get another switch, if it gets hot and fries itself again, what could possible the problem?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Maybe just a faulty switch. If you have a spare extension wire. Put one end of that into the rx and the other end thru the hole in the battery box. Then run the battery wire out as well. then when you want power just hook them up.

·
Registered
827 Posts
well
if you have another follow the process again now connect the battery to the on/off lead and connect it to your reciever and see how it goes then add a servo at a time. and see if it works. Then last connect your Killer bee if all seems ok then it should be fine. and yes if you want to turn it on & off you will require another switch.

just make sure you aren't shorting it anywhere for the battery & reciever to get really hot there is a problem.

cheers

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
okay plugged it all in, found out what was getting hot, the box underneath the radio box, 5 minutes of it being turning on and its started smoking, what could be by?

edit: could it be by my new futaba receiver i put in? it seemed all good before i changed things!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Sounds like your steering servo has shat itself. Buy yourself a Hitec 7955 and throw it in. I think from memory you will need an adaptor which you will find in your spares kit that come with the car.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Ok
You might try warranty, but they will give u the same maybe u can add the extra & get something decent.

Welcome to the endless money pit called hobby.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts