Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes, just thought I'd share my thought and experience of my recent business with Ultimate Hobbies.

Over two weeks ago (23/09) I purchased myself a DX2S kit from Ultimate Hobbies which for a R/C newbie like me is filled with excitement as it's my first flashy radio system....well to me it is anyways. But was very soon disappointed when I received the radio because it was damaged (scratched screen, paint etc) and was missing A LOT of contents, as in I could of at least done with the Binder. So I immediately sent is back that very day and got back to the guys think.. Wednesday 29th - Thursday 30th and a replacement was to be sent to me. As of now I haven't received it yet, so with my latest attempt to get updates and to see what's going on resulted in me receiving the DX3S instead (by tomorrow as I'm advised). which was nice of them but now I gotta fork out an extra $50 or so for a servo because the DX3S doesn't come with one. Not trying to be picky and all but I'm not exactly deep pockets that's all. So my thoughts overall with Ultimate Hobbies;

- No checking up on delivered orders
- No updates on issue with orders, in this case my replacement
- Left for customer to chase up on their orders and resolution
- Sometime didn't reply to e-mail

+ Fast postage, believed was posted on 24/09 and received it on 27/09
+ Phone customer service was good, not some headless chook answering the phone

Not sure if I will return for business but will be one of my last resort if I can't get hold of something.

Others that traded with Ultimate Hobbies please feel free to add you thoughts.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
thanks for sharing the info mate. 3S is a much better radio (ive used one for over 12 months) and im pretty sure the DX3S comes with 2 receivers, one telemetry and one without.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
So they sent you a DX2S that was secondhand ?

DX3S should come with 2 receivers, sell one and buy youself a servo (someone may even swap you)

What sort of servo are you after ?

Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So they sent you a DX2S that was secondhand ?

DX3S should come with 2 receivers, sell one and buy youself a servo (someone may even swap you)

What sort of servo are you after ?

Cheers
Probably was a secondhand but I never brought that up with the staffs or in the post, at first I just wanted a replacement that's not damaged and at least give me the Binder. But since you raised that up I shall find out with Ultimate Hobbies. Because from what I recall, all the staff said over the phone and e-mail was, the "....scratches are unacceptable" and ".....we will check with our supplier as to what happened" But if you're going to be trading wholesale, how the hell does a damaged product with missing contents get through or where did it come from. Unless the stock changed hands prior to Ultimate Hobbies supplier got there hands on it but most unlikely because if that's so then how does the supplier make a living. Questions, questions.

But as to trading, probably not because it comes with a 3300 something or another and this other one which is plain bog standard and I doubt someone's going to want to trade for it or be worth as much as a $50 servo. Don't know, anyone interested fell free to PM me. Well as soon as I get the DX3S of course.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
DX3S comes with a SR3300t ($90 or so) and an SR300 ($50 or so)

You should have no problems trading either for a servo

What car do you need a servo for ?

Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:cool: Coolio, had no idea it's worth that much :cool:

I need it for my TT-01 and will probably take it out and put it in a Tamiya C11 that i'm going to purchase soon. I found it on eBay if you guys are wondering, just hope it's in top shape though coz it's darn old.

I was looking at the SR6020 earlier, be great if I can trade for one of those.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Easy $55 bucks for a unused SR300 and to boot you got a radio with more features. I know that there was a little bit of screwing around with sending the first radio back and waiting again for the second one to arrive but I think that you still owe Ultimate Hobbies a "Thank You".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't get me wrong but I'm not entirely happy to appreciate their effort yet until the goods gets here, which it hasn't. Was advised that I should get it today but I'll wait until Friday and if nothing turns up, more hassling.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Unfortunately that’s one of the problems dealing online things can all of a sudden go bad,then theirs the waiting game for items to turn up or turn up faulty.

All because we tried to save some money or local supplies weren’t available for some reason.

Just to give you some idea,I currently have these online items missing.

…new truggy tyres and rims,getting near 4 weeks waiting.
…2 new nitro motors are missing in transit just over 3 weeks purchased Aust.
..1 servo returned to a well known online store in HK still waiting 80 days for a replacement.Never ever again will I buy anything from them.
…Another servo sent locally for replacement to OMP and that too is 80 days old.
Total $480

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
I would guess if the supplier is replacing your DX2s with a DX3s, they will more than likely replace the handset only, and return to you the original receiver that was supplied with the original radio. The receivers are the same for both radios. This is common practice throughout the industry to keep customers happy without large additional cost to the retailer.

Once the DX3s handset is removed from the set, they still have the 2 receivers, the telemetry sensors, battery box and switch and the marked DX2s handset to sell and recover some of their costs.
I doubt they will supply a full retail DX3s in exchange for a DX2s.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would guess if the supplier is replacing your DX2s with a DX3s, they will more than likely replace the handset only......
I had suspected that but since you brought it up, I contacted Ultimate Hobbies about it and just waiting on a reply. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i've bought some heli gear and also a dx2s from ultimatehobbies before but i went into the shop rather than buying online.

everything was fine, though it was fairly hard to get them to price match unlike whats stated on the website, there's alot of unstated conditions that the guy makes up on the spot..... :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
:cool:Woot!! Woot!!:cool:

Got my DX3S this morning and just couldn't wait to get it up and running. I was just overwhelmed with how many features the kit's got. :confused: But i'm getting there.

Also unfortunately towie964 was right about the replacement process though. Well not entirely, I actually got the DX3S kit but they just nicked the SR300 receiver which didn't bother me that much, it would of been nice if they left it for me though but then that would be too much to compensate.

Also Ultimate Hobbies is now taking up inspection prior to letting the customer's goods go which is good see. So no one else should encounter the same issue from now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts