Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new radio busted on Friday. Now I can turn all the way left and lock the steering on. It sort of clicks and stays on! It still centers if unless I turn it all the way to the left - then its stuck.

Now I'll be without a radio for weeks. DAMN DAMN DAMN.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Morphy, it might not be your radio but just your linkages binding up.

If you can set EPA or Dual Rate to limit the servo travel within that safe distance then you might be fine. (Even my RTR gewise controller had Dual rate at least)

My Rex-x's steering can do the same with a little assistance. But it's not a problem even if I run into walls.

Cheers, Oggy.Edited by: Ogier

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry guys, its in the handset - something has given way....

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yepo dodgy radio - thats what I get for spending 400bux
Going to take it back at 9 - so hopefully i can get a replacement...

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Morphy, what brand / modelwas it that you had?

I'd be interested to see how the LHS handles this... the only reason to buy locally is for when this type of thing happens.

Keep us up to date.

·
Registered
332 Posts
lol

i was just doing laps on my driveway for like 7 mins yesterday and my steering stopped working...but it still had throttle...i was like nooooo...

lifted the car up and had a look at the steering joints and could see no problem...i gave the car a little shake...and steering still didn't work...i turned the car around and moved the throttle around...the steering moves with the car upsidedown but not when its standing...i was thinking for a bit...touched the tierods and they were loose...what the?

the servo horn has unscrewed from the servo...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Skidd said:
Morphy, what brand / modelwas it that you had?

I'd be interested to see how the LHS handles this... the only reason to buy locally is for when this type of thing happens.

Keep us up to date.

Just got back from the LHS.

I bought a Hitec Agressor CRX 3 channel FM radio with a shelf price of $400. They took it back no problems at all, but have to send it to their supplier who is going to have a look at it for me. They said they'll have a look tomorrow and fix/return before the end of the week. If they can't fix it, they are sending it back (to Hitec I guess) for them to fix/replace. That will take 2 weeks minium.

Also while I was there I got them to have a look at the tuning for me, and man I had things crossed up. At least I was on the rich side of things... hmmm more power....

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Morphy said:
Just got back from the LHS.

I bought a Hitec Agressor CRX 3 channel FM radio with a shelf price of $400. They took it back no problems at all, but have to send it to their supplier who is going to have a look at it for me. They said they'll have a look tomorrow and fix/return before the end of the week. If they can't fix it, they are sending it back (to Hitec I guess) for them to fix/replace. That will take 2 weeks minium.

Also while I was there I got them to have a look at the tuning for me, and man I had things crossed up. At least I was on the rich side of things... hmmm more power....

Mate, that's good news that they are looking after you but bad news that it *could* take up to a few weeks. Have they got a second hand 'loaner' they can give you to play with so that you can continue to bash? I would think it would be in their interest... after all they get good word of mouth and you get to destroy you car so they get to sell you more parts/bodies/paint. All in all it's a win, win & win situation.

Skidd

·
Registered
660 Posts
i got a hole am systems you can use on sunday but it is only 2 channel

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Savage SS said:
i got a hole am systems you can use on sunday but it is only 2 channel

Thanks dude, is it your original HPI kit?

·
Registered
660 Posts
no out of rex-x buggy not bad stick or wheel i got 3 control's if u want i will bring it to knox

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.