Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a general question but tyres to suit a 1/8 buggy in hard dirt/ quarry stone base.

The reason I ask this Iwore out the tyres on my REX X today at the BMX track, they were fine on dirt & were lasting quite well until the BMX track.

I had also moved from 10% nitro to 15%, more power & a track to turn laps with a hard surface. Whats the best type of tyre for the harder surfaces that will last a while..

It's a big ask, grip is not that big a problem but the wear is with the pricing I"ve seen so far.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I dont know what tire you could use but, at the moment im using Hoboa 'Fire' tires, and they didnt wear very much at all after two days bashing on tar and at a BMX track.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Evilhomer said:
I dont know what tire you could use but, at the moment im using Hoboa 'Fire' tires, and they didnt wear very much at all after two days bashing on tar and at a BMX track.

Thanks for that, the OEM tyres are pin style & most likey fairly cheap.

·
Registered
472 Posts
what about proline badlands???
or would these self destruct too quickly?

Edit Note: Image removed by Skidd as it was larger than allowable limit.Edited by: Skidd

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Evilhomer said:

Thats what i use, very grippy as well

My son is running these tyres & the grip is good, not sure about the wear.

I think he paid $33 a pair

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.