Australian RC Forums banner

Brushless FG

12K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  ANGRYEVO8 
#1 ·
Brushless FG anyone? Don't know any info but this is from the Nuremberg show, looks like a MMMXL and a 2028 motor. I like it:cool:

See less See more
#3 ·
defo looks like the XL2 ESC and the big 2028 castle motor.

i had a chat to colin @ cfr couple of weeks back and he's testing one and super impressed with its performance so far. i expect these to be in his stock in the very near futue.

#5 ·
Maybe it could on a RWD model but to me that looks like the AWD. I am pretty sure the motor has to go over the driveshaft that runs to the front diff. Not sure but it sure looks like it to me. I think I will be getting one of these if the price isn't astronomical.

#10 ·
The new models are due late June or July, I got a nice glossy brochure in the last order from Colin. There's also brushless conversion kits coming too, as well as a short course truck to take on the Losi. I know where my tax return is going to be spent....heheheh

#11 ·
with the instant torque of that set up if it was rwd all it would do is circle work. i think awd would make a much better 1/5 drifter. i mean there must be a reason all the 1/10 drifters are awd......

that pic is defo a awd, you can see the front drive shafts and yeah would also be belt driven.

would love one to add to my collection :D

#13 ·
jeez the two cars on the second page, stadium trick and rally look aweful (just my opinon) the SC truck looks cool though

#15 ·
plenty of second hand on road fg's out there, might be an idea to buy a roller, save some $$ and get the combo you really want.

i wanted a castle motor for my ebaja but couldnt find one at the right price so went the XL2 and Leo combo, so far very happy with it but always have the feeling like I bought second best......

#17 ·
Hi Guys i had my Comp Baja converted to electric and yes they do go like a scaled cat. You need the motor that high to clear the rear belt tensioner housing. 4WD is definately the way to go for on road electric otherwise all you would do is turn tyres. The 2028 Setup is plenty on 8s to push an FG around, but running 10s or 12s is also good. I was also quite surprised as to how well the belt and shafts held up. I was worried that i would do a drive belt but it didnt miss a beat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.