Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everyone list the stuff uve broke so far

so far ive broken 2 a arms bent 2 shock shafts, oblitereated 1 shock bodykilled the button on the roto start and broke the arial tube and subsequetly busted up the arial wire...all this in about 7 tanks

·
Registered
332 Posts

some wire scrapedoff on my battery.. damn thought the battery was shorted but lucky the cuts weren't touching

side slamed into a gutter and hit my battery err

can't find my electrical tape atm

oh yeah bent the front wheel right wheel a bittoo..now it doesn't spin straight...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha yeppers both my front wheels are buckeled...i wanna get some aluminium beadlock maximizers...if only haha i aint made of money:( gotta pay of schoolies yet and buy a arms and shock stuff to get savage running again..at the moment i jus hacksawed the broken hinger part of the a arm off and now both of em are running on 2 hook things instead of 3...and im only running2 shocks on the front...haha

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
I own a Savage -how could I break anything......

Before you all get going on that one - JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

In all seriousness though, Savage to date - Nothing. Previous Terra Crusher - front left upper and lower arm and front left bulk head - hate it when trees jump in front of a moving car.....

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
761 Posts
In 2 months of owning a savage, nothing.

In 4 Hours of racing,smashed afuel tank, 4 shocks popped off, stripped a spur gear. I didnt even race for 4 hours straight, more like 1 hour out of 4.

I actually ran the truck on just a header tank,

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha go nick...at the moment im running on hacked up a arms, 2 shocks on the front and it still handels4 foot jumps and clearing hte fun box at the local skate park:D

·
Registered
596 Posts
friends effort

this was a 1 week old HPI super nitro rally the body was 1 day old. It woulc have cost more to fix than to buy another

·
Registered
561 Posts
In 5 litres of fuel ive managed to wreck

:- one rear diff cup and spiders

:- one hpi reverse module ( when hpi say dont put the car in reverse until it has stopped they mean it ! )

:- one front pinion

:- strip one standard savage wheel (drive hub )

:- one,one way bearing

:- the body has seen better days

Because diff parts are so hard to come by at the moment I filled the
rear diff cup with Selleys Kneed It epoxy putty, screwed the crown
wheel onto the cup with 20 mm screws instead of the 12 mm aswell as
using loctite. The locked rear diff proved to be alot of fun at the
local skate park / bowl, especially in the wet.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
now thats what i call Aussy inginuety!!!! i love it:D

·
Registered
405 Posts
6 Litres of fuel through my Savage now, and yesterday I stripped a spur gear at the track. I suspectthe damage wascaused bymy antics at thelocal skate bowl on Sunday...

Apparently it was making sparks on the landings - and flying for more metres than I would have thought possible. :eek: I was too busy watching the truck trying to keep it straight and land it on the wheels. Must have been getting air higher than my head - and I'm not small!

That said, the Savage is still in fine shape, the body is a bit scratched up, but came home looking fine.

30 minutes at BDR the next day and I've stripped the spur gear, taken a chunk from my fuel tank, bent one of my cooling fins and bent the rear of my bodywork. :) Steering servo horn is a little sloppy too (steers fine) I think it might just be loose or the servo saver is a little too - safe.

I don't think I'll become a regular Skate bowl user, I think think it's a little too much punishment for my wallet to keep up with. I think I was lucky this time - it's just a pity I didn't take my camera out with me. :)

So my damagecount is:
<UL>
<LI>1x Stock RTR Savage Lexan Body</LI>
<LI>1x SpurGear </LI>[/list]

All good fun!
I'll post some Savage photos and video's on my website soon.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I love the skate park for the savage, perfect for big jumps
because generally they have sloped landing ramps for the guys on bikes
but yeah, I agree, they can be a bit harsh on the truck. I have bent
several cooling fins aswell but its all in good fun. I was using my
savage in the bowl with a locked diff and that was heaps of fun. Here
is a pic of a not so fun landing ....

·
Registered
561 Posts