Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking the family to the Broncos v Manly match this Saturday. While I am more of a Union man these days, the kids have been bugging the hell out of me to take them to a match. (I have been to quite a few lately, including the Wallabies v England match - yeah baby) So Rugby League it is.

My boys are 9, 7 and 4 and they are beside themselves. FIRST FOOTY MATCH.... how we forget the excitement of our first match. I think mine was a State of Origin at Lang Park in the early 80's.

I guess all you Melbourne boys are wondering why I didn't get tickets to the Lions match on Saturday night instead. I think Suncorp Stadium (still Lang PArk to me) is one of the best stadiums around. The seats we picked up are very up close and personal to the field and for a first time match, they should be great for the boys. The Gabba is a bit too spacious.

Regards,

Chris

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
LOL... even though I have been a Melbourne boy all my life, I've never followed the footy (any code). In fact I was offered 2 free tickets to the St Kilda and ... ?? .. match on Fir or Sat night and I knocked them back. I just have no interest.

But I do like watching the Leauge State of Origin stuff... now that is a game.

I have always wanted Queensland to win... dunno why, but I just have. Maybe I like the colour of their jerseys better.

Enjoy the game mate, teach them to barrack hard but with respect... nothing worse than seeing pig headed ruffians at a game.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts