Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have just spent my first afternoon at Brisbane Dirt Racing and all I can say is..

YEAH BABY

There were to other Savages out there practicing (a .21 and a .25) as well as a couple of nitro Staduim Trucks and a couple of Associated B4 Buggies.

It was so much fun. If all of the trucks that were there this afternoon turn up on Sunday 8th February, there will be a seperate Monster Truck class - how cool is that.

There was a nice muddy puddle at the end of the front straight, and seeing as this was my first excursion on a race track, I found it quite a few times. Here is the Savage after a3 hourBRD Bash.....

Notice the nice crack I have put int the body - coming out of the corner of the fuel tank cutout.

Anyway, I have had an absolute blast. If you are in Brisbane - go there....

Brisbane Dirt Racing Homepage

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
WHAT IS THAT CAR AGAIN???..a moving puddle??..

nah looks like you had fun....only downside!......yes you got it...THE
CLEANING....ahhwell...its scary when you see a touring car like that...
!!!

Nismo

PS,

ill have to pop by brissy one day to check it out...

G

·
The only downside to the stock Savage shell design is the fact that the Heat Sink is by default a bum stop for when you land flat on your back! The once-nice-new looking heatsink now looks like its been around the block a few times. I also found that the carry bar makes nice indentations on the roof when you land on the roof a few times!

·
Registered
472 Posts
what sucks for me...one my savage is in shipping and the hop ups arrived b4 it
and 2 that BDR is about a 50 minute drive from mine and nicks place (star guitar) so yeah...ill try to make a BDR apearance as soon as it arrives..93 days and counting :'(

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JoNo,

93 days! The magic 90 days mark has arrived... ring them... email them ... do something!!!!

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
WOW
, that is really dirty and it looks like you had some fun aswell. Makes me want to get a savage even more now!!!!! im gonna have to come down there again when i get my truckEdited by: bender

·
Registered
472 Posts
ahhh hahhahahahah who da man...savage was lost in shippipng..but my hop ups arrived...tho tower refunded the full value (savage + hop ups) so yeah...im re ordering with express shipping....and a infa red temp gun and a fail safe in there place:D ohhh yeah..ordering tomorrowish...

:D savage should be here in like...15 days...i think thats how long nick's took

·
Registered
67 Posts
ok I got 3 more savages drivers keen to come a long when is there next meet

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a Savage and am keen to start racing in Brisbane.

Can someone point me in the right direction and datesso icancome and have a looksy?

·
Registered
405 Posts
There was a race meet today at BDR (Sunday 16/05/2004), and the next meet will be in two weeks time. First race between 9:30 - 10am, but I'd try to be there by 8:30 to get some practice time - set up etc.

Information on how to find BDR can be found here.

Today there was a field of mostly monster trucks (Nitro B class), the fastest T-Maxx was averaging I was toldabout 22 seconds and I believe I was around the 30 second mark. In other words, I was way behind but if I crash less I'd be alot closer.

With the new track layout, the extra long straight has uncovered some disturbing handling characteristics of my Savage with the stock - non adjustable tie rods. Just as it was peaking in 2nd gear I'd start losing stability and end up clipping thetrackside pipingand performing disturbing barrel rollingflips into the air that most Savage owners wouldknow well.

With my upgraded suspension and Proline BigJoe tyres I found my handling very solid with very little body roll, but I was still finding the inner track corners very challenging to negoitate.

Jerrah.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts