2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

For those of you that haven't realised here are some interesting facts:
<UL>
<LI>I started AUSRC.COM on the 21 December 2003
<LI>We now have over 330 members.
<LI>We have over 16000 posts.
<LI>On the 14 August 2004, we had 39 members online at the same time.</LI>[/list]

How cool is that. It makes me smile to think that this little forum continues to grow. I have seen quite a few Aussie based forums come and go, but we seem to plugging along nicely.

For the techno freaks, he are some average stats over the last 3 months:
<UL>
<LI>We average 1 Million hits per month. That's 33000 hit a day on average.
<LI>More appropriate is the 5000 page views per day. This is probably a more meaningful number.
<LI>We transfer just under 9GB of data every month.</LI>[/list]

Here is our hourly profile over the last 3 months:

And here is how people are finding us using the search engines:

I guess I need to thank you guys for making it a place people want to visit. Also a special thanks to Andrew (Skidd) for the hard work he puts in to keep the rabble under control (boy those BMX boys caused some trouble). The board doesn't always perform how he would like it to, but he keeps at it.

Thanks again guys,

ChrisEdited by: AUSRC

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
good to see this site is doing so well. I remember when i joined in feb
there wasn't much nitro stuff going on then there was a sudden in flux
of savage owners
. Do you have a graph
of the site activity on each day, eg sat, sun, mon ......? Interesting
to see that the revo and traxxas are providing so much traffic when
theres not many owners here.................. yet

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Husky,

Suuuuuurrrreeeeee!!!!!!!!

And here's a couple more for good measure:

Edited by: AUSRC

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
hey it is great to hear thet the forum is doing so well.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Awwww shucks.... thanks Chris.

I gotta say it is the people on here that make it what it is. I love the community we are building and really enjoy how the hobby can bring strangers together. I've gotten to meet some great people and they have taught me so much about my savage and the hobby in general. Without them I probably would have packed the savvy in the cupboard a long time ago. I have gotten to the point that I find the social side of the GTG's is just as important as the driving the RC's... and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

A big thanks and bucket loads of kudos has to go the you as well Chris... without your development and continued effort this place would not be here and none of the above would have happened at all. Thanks to you we have a place to hang, meet, discuss and plan... all on an Aussie based forum... what's more, it's FREE!!

Three cheers to you Chris.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Skidd said:
I love the community we are building and really enjoy how the hobby can bring strangers together. I've gotten to meet some great people and they have taught me so much about my savage and the hobby in general. Without them I probably would have packed the savvy in the cupboard a long time ago. I have gotten to the point that I find the social side of the GTG's is just as important as the driving the RC's... and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Skidd,

You are dead right there. I have met a bunch of people through the forum, and it is amazing how it just "works". Take our last GTG in Brissie. Jono busted a ball end and I think Dan had a spare that he handed over. Ithink Dan and Jono met for the first time about 2 hours before that. How cool is that.

I regularly talk with Stevo1957 in Sydney. Met him in the forum. Sent him some stuff I had lying around for the Terra Crusher, and since then we catch up regularly. Can't wait to get to Sydney for a bash. For that matter, next time I am in Melbourne I need to make sure the Savage is "in tow".

In today's screwed up world it is fairly refreshing to be able to organise an event, with people you have never met, turn up and EVERYONE has a great time. My wife thinks it is a little strange - but it just works.

We will never be able to compete with the shear volume of members or info that say a Savage Central has, but I always believed that a local forum, with local views, would have to be a winner. I think we have proved that.

Enough rant, but as you say, the community is amazing.

Regards,

ChrisEdited by: AUSRC

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have to agree with Skidd.

Also i think the forum is doin bloody awesome, cause when i was helpin Chris with layouts back in erm december it was just me, him and josh.. now its over 300 people that have come and gone over the year and theres never a dull moment on this forum.

Also the competition between Queensland bashes and you southerners is always a good laugh when the little fights come around. We still havent beaten their record though...

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
I know that you don't want this to turn into a back patting exercise, but...

While there is some great information on SC, it is just that... information.

To stand beside the 'Great Southern Tuning Guru' (Husky) while he blasts my savvy in short burstsand have him explain why the low speed needle needs to be richened 1/8th of turn is something that no USA based forum is ever going to achieve.

Information is good, but meeting and bashing/drifting/racing with eachother is what builds the community... and I for one appreciate the opportunity that you have given us.

·
Registered
761 Posts
SC isnt just information, its also has organised bashes and ect.. but it stops at the information for us aussies because we cant meet up with them, being on the other side of the world.

Ausrc is almost like an australian SC, except its not just savages. Theres info, meets, a few videos and pictures and its a very friendly community.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Star Guitar said:
I have to agree with Skidd.

Also i think the forum is doin bloody awesome, cause when i was helpin Chris with layouts back in erm december it was just me, him and josh.. now its over 300 people that have come and gone over the year and theres never a dull moment on this forum.

Also the competition between Queensland bashes and you southerners is always a good laugh when the little fights come around. We still havent beaten their record though...

LOL.. we could always meet you blokes in the middle (Sydney) and go for a never to be broken record.
I'm sure the Sydney folks would like that.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Lolthatd have to be organised WEEKS before hand, considering i refuse to have someone drive me 17 or so hours to get to Sydney to bash my truck for a few hours, but if you guys wanna pay for a plane ticket for me ill gladly join you

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jesus Nick - get a life.... two words:

ROAD TRIP

That would be awesome, and I need to get the k's up on the Pajero for FBT purposes too. 4 people comfortably with savages and overnight bags. Too easy.

I wonder how many Stevo can put up for the night.....

Now that would be and event.

Regards,

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Chris,

I had better add my 2 bobs worth.

I still belive I am the grandaddy of the forum (at 47 years of age - any newcomers older yet so Skidd will stop the age insults?!?!?) so you younger whippers had better listen up.

I'm always at my kids to stay out of chat rooms, yet 2 people I now consider great friends (AUSRC himself and JJJRULES) I met through forums!

It's great to bounce problems around and offer advice where you can. Someone out there will have always experienced the problem you are asking about. I remember young in my RC days, that I solved a problem for a guy in the USA about a carby adjustment. No one else could help him, and I knew jack squat about the hobby at that time, but I had experienced the problem and worked out a solution just days before he posted and was able to help him. Apart from his gratitude, it kinda makes you feel good helping others out.

Keep up the good work, Chris and don't forget to bounce the server from time to time to keep those page loads nice and quick!

Cheers all,

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Chris,

No probs. If we can't fit you allin here, there are 2 hotels with great accomodation within walking distance!

Obviously I'd have to check with the boss first, though. (Guess who wears the pants in this marriage!?!)

Cheers,

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steve,

LOL. As if I would even consider that imposition on you. Glad you took the bait though.

Chris.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Anything to help a Queenslanderenjoy a better lifestyle here in NSW!!

Steve

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Husky said:
Im thinking the melbourne boys could make it to sydney too

You know, I don't think that is such an insane idea. With a bit of notice, we may be able to find a date that suits a few of us.

and after all it is only an 11 hour drive

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I definately don't think it is an insane idea. As you say, given enough notice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts