1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw 2 groups at the park yesteray

went out and said yo wanna run?~!?~?!

they had a nitro...they said it was kyosho or something

i put my car down...shoved the 1400mah batt in...sanyo cells!!!

watched the nitro warm up...and wtf it was so slow..HAHAHAHA...

they just bought it.a ready to run touring nitro with a mercedes black body...even my stock silver can could beatit i reckon... you guys got any idea which it is? man it was out of tune...i reckon...sounded nearly full rpms already but only moving like 35kph...

i beat them by miles.

hahaha

there were 2 other guys on the other side of the park...they had a nitro...it was slow too...

so they came to me after and had a talk...they had their nitro for like 3 months already...they had a skyline r34 body...it was all white at the top fading into a green colour at the bottom all around...he said he bought the shell like that.

·
Registered
536 Posts
i would say it was a gp4 from kyosho pretty crap they cost 380$ at my lhs

there cruddy with a gx .12 motor a single speed trans i think they have like 50km top speed

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol

they said they bought it for like $500 incl all the feul, staters etc

oh well

whats the slowest nitro in existance then? ahaha

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Heaps of RTRs out there, Kyosho & Tamiya included. Impossible to ID just from a description of the shell, haha.

Nitro cars don't go particularly fast, its just that they make so much noise doing it.

The average Joe & Joey wouldn't have a clue how to judge speed accurately anyway.

You shouldn't be taking on poor defenceless nitros with a BL'd TL01 - no fair!! You'll scare those newbies away from RC...

I got better things to waste my time on currently... like chopping a TB in half.

·
Registered
307 Posts
What's BL'd? Bloody Loaded?!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
brushless

tl01 equiped with a novak brushless motor spinning out 5800rpm per volt...with heaps of torque

i can beat a voneS but not a voneR

Edited by: migoreng

G

·
hmmmm should get a brushless for my mission when i get it..

how much faster is a Brushless compared to a 16t motor??

Nismo

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
5800x7.2vis only just above 41,000rpm...196Ws of something?

a few months ago i thought they spin up to 50,000rpm

lol

i was expecting 90kph too.

G

·
more cells dude, more cells

novak can handle up to 10cells yeah??...

lol id like to see a 10cell brushless TL01 hammering down the road

Nismo

·
Registered
307 Posts
Got Revs?

That's incredible!!

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
We did a radar-checked 85km/h with 6-cells geared at 4.5:1 at Velodrome... can probably break 90km/h if running 7-cells. Needs about 100m of run-up to hit top speed then it just maintains it.

If you guys ever witnessed a TRUE 80km/h+ you'd be crazy to consider trying that on any normal tarmac road. Hit any pebble and it'll flip, skidding on its lid for at least 50m.

But what do I know...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah those guys bought a rtr nitro...i think they have to break in the motor...i didn't tell them that, or do rtrs already have rtr engines?

is therea site explaining gear ratios...starting from the beginning..but i'm not that a n00b

okay my ss5800 says i need a ratio of around 7

so what gear numbers do i need? and what are spur gears and diff gears? how do you find out the ratios of gears? you know.

a ratio of 7 the shaft? or what spins at 7 times every motor revolution?

and my tl01still had the stock shocks...really bad handling...i turn a bit too much at top speed and it spins out...and loops around here and there, does fishes...

·
Registered
307 Posts
The stock gearing in the TL01 is about 7.96:1 I think. If you drop in a 21t you'd be low 7.XX:1. With the motor you've got, I really think you should leave the gearing as stock, or just 21tooth pinion, and stock gear set.

I have them all, but just for experimenting. Your motor sounds the goods, and you get speed from revs, not gearing in your car.. Then again, you said Brushless delivers decent torque..

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
7:1 means your motor shaft turns 7 times for every turn of your tyre. Simple!

That's called the Overall Gear Ratio.

You have to go thru every pair of gears in your transmission to work out the gearing as each interface of gears does some drive reduction. (Ratio = # of teeth on DRIVEN gear *divided* by # of teeth on the DRIVE gear)

To get the OGR, multiply all the individual ratios in the drivetrain together.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
damn

thought it was the opposite

my motor turns once and the wheels turn 7 times...

but it is the the motor turns 7 times and the wheels turn once

1 - 20 of 35 Posts