Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for places to buy a Savage SS, and ofcourse like the savings that importing can offer.

Just wondering where else apart form Tower and Savage Central (both sold out)that you could recomend?

Thanks Morphy.

·
Registered
761 Posts
If you get it from anywhere other than Australia there will also be around a $80 Aus customs tax... i got it, my friends got it with their savages and emaxx.

It will happen and you cant get around it unfortunetly...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Star Guitar said:
If you get it from anywhere other than Australia there will also be around a $80 Aus customs tax... i got it, my friends got it with their savages and emaxx.

Star Guitar do you know what type of mail they used??

Because I found this on the Australian Customs Service web page

All goods imported into Australia must be cleared by Customs, whether they be imported by air, sea or post. While imports of low value will generally be released by Customs for delivery direct to consignees, importers are responsible for obtaining a formal Customs clearance for consignments of goods above set value limits (currently $250 for goods imported by sea or air cargo and $1,000 for goods imported through the postal system).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Star Guitar said:

no wonder the truck hasnt arrived yet. All the other small bits i ordered with it arrived within days. i even ordered more things a week later and that arrived within days as well. I emailed tower why the missing truck, they said it was sent serperately and it still on its way. WTF

its only been 2 and a1/2 weeks but everytime i order more things they end up arriving first WTF

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
VoneSII,

Did you order the truck via air? If so, I would suggest that you will get it anyday. It takes a bit longer by the time customs have processed it can add a week to 10 days worst case.

azalin_au,

I have brought orders of $250 plus in and not been stopped by customs, or charged duty. Go figure. On something the size of a Savage however - no chance.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
472 Posts
from what ive heard anyhting much bigger than a shoe box and they "have to" open it

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
I have removed a number of posts from this thread - it wasn't going anywhere useful.

Regards,

AUSRCEdited by: AUSRC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts