Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best charger you can get for under $100 that will plug into the wall (im sick of using my mums car battery) and charge my 7.2v battery reasonably quickly?

·
Registered
46 Posts
you should invest in a 240v to 12v power supply with a 7 to 10 amp limit

check out http://www.gme.net.au/land/pwr_supplies.html

i have the 126modle and can charge up to 2 batts with 2 chargers and it is fine just a tad over the $100 mark but you can not go wrong with this.we use them in the workshop 24\7 for running and testing car audio gear and so on....

cruzn2

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how do you work it? you just hook the +and- that you clip on the car battry to the power supply thing then its just like normal?

Where can i buy it from?

Edited by: microfan

·
Registered
46 Posts
I you wan t give david a call at Ryda Car Radios95603133 teel him ronnie sent youtell him the model number and he can order goods for delivery next day to theoffice. i can pickup and deliver if you are not to far away from sydney -petersham

you can either pick up or they can freight ti out to you via courri gme-psa126 ac\dc power supply or call me and i can organise it for you

Ronni,,,

cruzn2

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Those things are power supplies, they are NOT chargers for your 7.2V battery so don't even try!!!

You use power supplies to convert 240V AC to 12V DC and then you run your 12-7.2V charger off the power supply instead of a 12V battery.

GME's #126 is rated at 7A peak, so you'd only be able to use it to power 2 chargers if they each only drew 3A. 7A peak doesn't mean you can access the full 7A *continuously*, its usually a rating a partial (<100%) duty cycle.

I run what's now listed as the #1210 myself. Its a honest unit and GME builds 'em strong and purposeful. Mine's had a few minor case-mods and its 11A peak is really only 10A at 50% duty cycle... it does get pretty warm when running 2x 5A chargers off it.

For a decent AC/DC charger for 7.2V nicad, check out the Arlec/Stadium G167 "brick". Its big & its heavy but its been super-reliable and has never false-peaked. It does 3A into your cells.

Do a search on past threads, we've said many good things about it in the past.

Definitely under $100.

G

·
nope its a huge grey brick as zoomer said...

i have got one and it works awesome,

pretty good for nicads...and after a fast charge it auto goes to slow charge to top up your batt

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i looked on the arlec site and couldnt find it as well as the dse site and wasnt there either? anyone got a link?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts