Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend and this week the members of the Brisbane Dirt Racing club have been redeveloping their track. This has included a entirely new clay surface and substantial redesign of the track layout. I went out this afternoon to have a look and I took the following pictures:

The main straight

The new triples in front of the new drivers stand

The mid section of the track

Another angle

Another angle again

A shot of a Mugenclearing the triples

Which didn't always land so well

Jerrah.Edited by: jerrah

·
Registered
761 Posts
Should look good when its done.

Buggy?? That looks a LOT like a Stadium Truck.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Jerrah,

That track looks alot better than the old one, well for monster trucks
anyway. Told my little brother about the track so hopefully with
a few savages there the new layout will make for a fun and hectic
"rumble" around the track.

I like the look of those jumps, should see some good carnage

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure about the triples - it's a long way to fly - and alot of pain if you don't make it...

There has been talk of joining the 2nd and the 3rd into a tabletop, which will make it alot easier, but we will have to see how it turns out.

Jerrah.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once I've fixed the steering in my Savage I'm keen to have a crack at the triples - not sure how I'll go clearing them with that short run up though...

Did the Losi take the jump from where the track is mapped out, or with a run up from around the side?

Jerrah.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've just noticed that on the bottom of this page of the Brisbane Dirt Racing websitethat the Monster truck class only allows fora motor range of 0.12 - 0.21 which effectively rules out all of the S25 Savages, Piccos, Fantoms, RB 28's etc etc...
Doesn't stop me driving informally out there, but would my stock (engine wise) S25 Savage be allowed to race in the Monster truck class against S21 Savages and Tmax's? According to these rules, no.

"At this stage 1/10th & 1/8 scale Electric or Nitro 0.12 - 0.21 Motor Monster Trucks are fully approved. We are currently trialing 1/8th scale Monsters with up to .21 motor."

Jerrah.

·
Registered
561 Posts
And what about the poor old EK4 owners with their .70 motors ????
What will become of them ........

Jerra, the soloution is simple either change your heatsink and put on
an old 21 body (25 in disguise) OR I didnt see anything in the rules
that say u cant use TWIN .21 motors

G

·
Hi Guys, you should be able to run the 25 in monsters. We allready have a couple of guys that run that motor in there savages.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Should be good with the new track. I hope the straight stays thatlong.Corners when marked are wide enough for a monster truck to land and turn in and with the scary hole between the 2nd and 3rd jump of the triple (at least take the sharp edges off 2nd and 3rd) partially filled so it's not asuspension snapping landing if lacking in speed...

If a electric buggy can clear the big jump, and a monster can turn clear the corners, everyone should be happy.

Jerrah.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Steering arms fixed. Filling shocks up with 40 weight oil... Just got to sort out my electrics and sealing my manifold and I'll be out to the track as soon as I can.

Jerrah.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
blackmortice said:
So Guys what do you think of the new track ??

Well first of all I'd like to say I think the new track has promise, I
like the new larger jumps and that the straight is finally straight,
but there are a few things I had difficulty with, and I think they
probably come down to my novice racing ability and the fact I drive a
Nitro monster truck.

1. Firstly, the inner part of the track with multiple hairpins were
    very difficult to negotiate in my truck. Even with my high torque
    steering servo I found I had to roll around them at low speed lest I
    mount the barrier on the outside of the corner. With better driver
    technique I might be able to get around them easier, but I will never
    have the turning circle of the stadium trucks. I almost need 4 wheel
    steering!
    Possibly I could try running stock width tyres to reduce
    my size...
  2. I think it would be an easier track if the track was run in the
    opposite direction. That way when the cars are topping out on the
    straight, they will be getting closer to the drivers as opposed to
    disappearing off into the distance. I find it easier to control when I
    can see it. Another benefit of the reversed track might be that
    if one can take the corner at the end faster - racers could take the
    jump formerly known as 'the triple' harder and make more impressive
    air.
  3. Thirdly, and I think this has more to do with my poor state of
    tune - the drivers stand and the start line are a long way away from
    each other, and when the nitros bog down with oil and stall on the
    line, it's a long run to get it started again and back in the race.
Otherwise the track is great, the surface is fantastic and the new
drivers stand is miles ahead of the previous death trap. I like the
vision that the BDR president has had to redevelop the track and
include some challenging corners, faster straights and more impressive
jumps.

I'll need alot more practice before I'm good at it though.

Jerrah.

G

·
jerrah said:
blackmortice said:
So Guys what do you think of the new track ??
Well first of all I'd like to say I think the new track has promise, I like the new larger jumps and that the straight is finally straight, but there are a few things I had difficulty with, and I think they probably come down to my novice racing ability and the fact I drive a Nitro monster truck.

1. <LI>Firstly, the inner part of the track with multiple hairpins were very difficult to negotiate in my truck. Even with my high torque steering servo I found I had to roll around them at low speed lest I mount the barrier on the outside of the corner. With better driver technique I might be able to get around them easier, but I will never have the turning circle of the stadium trucks. I almost need 4 wheel steering!
    Possibly I could try running stock width tyres to reduce my size...
    <LI>I think it would be an easier track if the track was run in the opposite direction. That way when the cars are topping out on the straight, they will be getting closer to the drivers as opposed to disappearing off into the distance. I find it easier to control when I can see it. Another benefit of the reversed track might be that if one can take the corner at the end faster - racers could take the jump formerly known as 'the triple' harder and make more impressive air.

<LI>Thirdly, and I think this has more to do with my poor state of tune - the drivers stand and the start line are a long way away from each other, and when the nitros bog down with oil and stall on the line, it's a long run to get it started again and back in the race. </LI>

Otherwise the track is great, the surface is fantastic and the new drivers stand is miles ahead of the previous death trap. I like the vision that the BDR president has had to redevelop the track and include some challenging corners, faster straights and more impressive jumps.

I'll need alot more practice before I'm good at it though.

Jerrah.

I don't know what sort of options your monsters have as far as suspension changes but if you lay your shocks over a little more and add a little more pre-load your truck should react abitquicker through the

- Just my opinion -

Damien

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't have that much adjustment - I'll need to buy some adjustable suspension arms/bulkheads etc.

I'll look into it.

Jerrah.

·
Registered
477 Posts
hey,

can u guys let me know when theres a monster truck day happening there!! as i have an xfactor.. so i just wanna go and have fun racing there.. but i looke don the site for bdr..and they dont mention monster trucks.. just buggies and that!! so can u guys let me know when u all take your savy's there..as i wanna go..

ryan
i know a few other guys with savages who wanna go too!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.