Australian RC Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
10 years ago i brought a BB gun back from japan and fireworks even got through customs back then wouldnt dare try that these days though.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
they scan every bag now... and one time they asked to physically search mine
as they thought i was packing 1000s of pills.

Had acres of bubblewrap. :p

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey
its not called bb guns anymore, its called airsoft guns, i own about 6 handguns GBB (GAS BLOW BACK) that means the gun will give you a blowback action, like real gun when u press the trigger, 1 gas sniper back in Asia..

theres no way you can smuggle one into australia without a license..

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Oh god i hope not.

Poor Cookie

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Kambo use the search feature. I posted a thread about this a while ago and there is a lot of useful stuff in there.

But the bottom line is that they are illegal unless you have a gun license.

·
Banned
298 Posts
Kambo use the search feature. I posted a thread about this a while ago and there is a lot of useful stuff in there.

But the bottom line is that they are illegal unless you have a gun license.
i've searched it and read the whole thread.

Thanks

·
Registered
589 Posts
Actually I think minors can (or used to be able to) get some sort of 'supervised' gun license... had an friend back in the old days, that went shooting at a firing range (0.22) with his dad. The id!ot even brought the bullets into school to show off.

·
Vendor
759 Posts
Last I heard you can apply for the license once you're over 16, but until you're 18 it needs to be "supervised", ie some other licensee over the age of 18 is responsible for you until you come of age.

I had to get one back in the day when I worked as a Skirmish ref. Started at 15 and couldn't clean the guns etc until i was 16 and had license.

·
Registered
0 Posts
hehe i took a desert eagle back from HK, i kinda stealthed it in my main bag got thru no worries, the bulk of it was plastic and if the guy lookin at the camera cant recognise it as an airsoft gun.... well.... is it one? :D put it this way, if u put it in ur bag flat in plain view when it passes the xray, its clear u see an outline of a gun yeh?

but yeah from what i knw fully illegal... wont do it again hahaha

and i was a 12yr old competing member of the Military Gun Club of QLD..... aahhh...the good old days, when u cud own a gun and actually shoot it.... without idiots messin up the fun....now u say "gun" and some1 will have a heartattack!:confused: pffft.... heheheh

go airsoft! its is fun and its really is harmless:thumb:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Not sure about harmless, a friend had a Deagle airsoft gun which could put ceramic pellets (balls) through 1 inch of steak....

·
Registered
542 Posts
i always buy bb guns (airsoft) in bali for like 3 bucks a gun then when we leaved i just give them away

·
Registered
879 Posts
i have my gun licence and own a .22 magnum (not a regular 22). it belonged to mym mum and is a family heirloom. when she died, it was given to me, but i was only 17 at the time. i was told that i wasnt allowed to own it and it would have to be destroyed... i wouldnt hear a bar of that, since its a very expensive gun, and has lots of family history, so after several months, i managed to get my full gun licence at the age of 17 for *special circumstances*.

that said, a gun licence will NOT let you legally own a BB gun in australia, you need to actually be in charge of an airsoft club or similar AND have your licence... "to own a gun you must have a valid reason"... the only valid reason for owning a BB gun is for airsoft.. go figure. :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
a gun licence will NOT let you legally own a BB gun in australia, you need to actually be in charge of an airsoft club or similar AND have your licence... "to own a gun you must have a valid reason"... the only valid reason for owning a BB gun is for airsoft.. go figure.
That's not quite the case:D.

Like i said in this or the other thread, you can buy Air rifles, as long as you HAVE a full gun lisence, NOT a Juinor permit:thumb:.

If you already have gun's then you front up to the bloke at the gun shop, hand over a couple of hundred dollors, wait a week or two for you're permit to puchase, then start practiseing on ya dart board, in the hallway:cool:.

So any of you people out there that are under 18, will have to wait, unless ya Mum\Dad has a gun lisence, but then you should already have one:thumb:

·
Registered
879 Posts
who here legally owns a gun, and what do you have/where do you shoot?

as stated above, i have a 22 magnum from anschutz with set trigger and scope (not sure of make or model of scope, but its very expensive), and i shoot at condell park occasionally.

·
Registered
2 Posts
BB guns are actually classed as weapons in australia and are illegal. I think if u have a weapons licence u can have them, but if not, they are illegal and if u are cought in the possesion of 1 u will be punished
bb guns are not illegal unless they are fully automatic or over 75cm long

21 - 40 of 43 Posts