Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i do belive i have some of the best batterys in the world

peak sp ...voltage is about 1.185 w 445 sec discharge on 30A..they cost 160$ each box w 6 cells

do i need to discharge them...i read that nimh cells dont need discharge

some guys here even say that it is not good to discharge them w dischargers cuz they dis w very low current...like 1A wich is not the best race simulation...if they would diss in 30A that would be better...

there are few guys here that discharge and it seems to me that their batt is getting lazy...like they are loosing punch...but i am not quite sure...

any opinions?

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
We "tray" them to equalise them, not to discharge them. Tray them once every few charges, but only put them on the tray after fast-discharging.

For discharging we usually have a 20/25/30A discharger that drops them down to 5.4V (0.9V per cell). Then let them cool down before recharging.

strah said:
i do belive i have some of the best batterys in the world

peak sp ...voltage is about 1.185 w 445 sec discharge on 30A..they cost 160$ each box w 6 cells

Those would be very good numbers ... hope they were from a "reliable" brand.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well yes ...it is peak performance..so the best was is,i supose,to drive my car until the batt is very dead...that should be about 0.9v per cell and then put them to equalize...equalizing be done w 0.5a or 1a equalizers or not?

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Make sure the equalise is the "auto cutoff" type, not ones that drain until flat.

Draining until flat is bad for NiMhs, you'll lose all that (expensive!) runtime!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts