Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its my first tourer and my first car since my TAmiya Avante a looooooooooooooooooong time ago, but i am very happy with it!! TAking it racing on sunday so i will let you know how it performs

·
Registered
332 Posts
that looks hot...

whats with the lights?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When i got the body, half the sickers were missing. I pulled all the
rally ones off, but it had no headlight decals on it :(
So i just stuck some nosram stickers on instead.

If anyone knows where i can get the lights from would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Make them with vinyl offcuts (raid your local sign shop's bins
) or for small areas like that, white electrical tape would do too. Some stationers sell foil tapes, they work good too.

About that wire to the ESC flying loose up there... it'll be chopped by the belt before long (don't ask).

Route it under the topplate and secure it to the underside of the topplate with 2 cableties either side... there's a perfect spot for it just behind the steering servo link.

Tidy up the aerial wire too, don't let it catch on any moving bits. I thread it along the topplate, there's ~4 handy holes there to do it with.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just got a Mazda6 body, painted it Tamiya Metallic Red, unfortunately I got some black spots of ink over it during the process, which sucks cos it has spoiled it... Check it out anyhow.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Oh yeah, that wing too.

At full height your topspeed is gunna suffer.

I've cut mine down to the tops of the sides' PF logos, then in the middle for 12cm I've done a further step down of about 6-8mm. Gives enough downforce, keeps good speed - I'm also keeping that shape for upcoming #2.

Easiest to cut it with a knife & straightedge.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes i was just thinking that....

i took the car out for a run on the street and you could see the light shining through it lol

though the guy at the lhs said it probably wouldnt need it

what is the best method of making some black window frames??? my permanent pen trick didnt work and resulted in nasty black spots every where...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK that might explain why the car was so slow in a straight line... hey can you send me a pic of how you cut yours down?

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
azenis said:
...can you send me a pic of how you cut yours down?

Sure! the back of the wing is stepped:

------\______/------

with the highest corner parts as high as the PF logo on the side (about 5mm down).

The middle bit is 12cm wide, a further 6-8mm lower than the (new) top/corners.

Some guys just cut their wings straight across, about 5-8mm down. But I think that just looks boring & ugly.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Don't have any pix on me, but someone's gone and posted some pix of it online recently... ahh, can't ever escape the papparatzi.

another shot here [url]http://community.webshots.com/photo/133505931/133511627dfVrS S[/url]

azenis said:
what is the best method of making some black window frames??? my permanent pen trick didnt work and resulted in nasty black spots every where...

What, the fill-in bits (like the green above) or the actual grooved lines on the shell?

I use a medium-sharp Sharpie pen on the outside rubber frames.

I don't usually bother with panel lines on a runner, but the thinnest-sharp Sharpie does it well.

For the green... I pulled off Proline's vinyl masking, the inner lines were visible. So I cut out the 'windows' with scissors & reapplied them + shot the met green. Then removed and shot with PS31 Smoke to tint.

(I didn't throw away the used masks either, hoping I can reuse for upcoming #2...
)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts