Australian RC Forums banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

· Registered
4,893 Posts
Steve thats awesome news mate, hope it all goes well and I'll be sitting here waiting very patiently for the DVD version to be released! Thanks again for the massive effort you put in to filming and interviewing the Australian Champs on QLD!

Julian

· Registered
23 Posts
Guy's, the footage for both discs has just been finished, i have not yet burned the master copies, as i am struggling a bit with DVD menus, so i could still add something.

Im not sure it will be a good idea to have dates to one event, one that will have passed in 6 months, as this will only dissapoint people in the future, and "date" the DVD, i would like to think this DVD will generate a intrest in the sport for a years to come.

What might be better, is to add a website link to information that will get updated with event information "forever" and will not go out of date, that way if someone watches the DVD in 2 years time, they can still get current info about events :cool:

I have already adding links to DPS, and QORLS contact info (both during and at the end of the film) and on the DVD cover (i am half way through designing this as we speak).

I am open to suggestions from you all about other sites or info to add, but be quick as i would "like" to be going to print/burn in no more than 2 weeks :D

steve

· Registered
4,893 Posts
...Im not sure it will be a good idea to have dates to one event, one that will have passed in 6 months, as this will only dissapoint people in the future, and "date" the DVD, i would like to think this DVD will generate a intrest in the sport for a years to come.

What might be better, is to add a website link to information that will get updated with event information "forever" and will not go out of date, that way if someone watches the DVD in 2 years time, they can still get current info about events...

That's not a bad idea and you are right about the actual dates of events, it would give the DVD a lifespan of less then a year essentially

· Registered
3,102 Posts
You can buy advertizing slots on Briz 31 for something like $20 per slot, so you could advertise an event etc during the playing of this show.

· Registered
23 Posts
You can buy advertizing slots on Briz 31 for something like $20 per slot, so you could advertise an event etc during the playing of this show.
Sounds like a good idea, except, they don't really do one off ads, its average of $20 a ad, only if you bulk buy in blocks of 90 ads, starting at $1800+GST, then of course, someone still has to make the ad itself.

"The average cost of a 30 second spot on 31 Digital is an incredibly low $20. You can't get a classified ad for that! Packages start at $1800 + gst for a massive 90 x 30 second spots."

I rang 31 to see what deal i could get, and for under $1000, i can purchase the half an hour spot when the show gets aired, this give me 6 x 30sec ads to do with as i please, to be honest, i think ive got more than enough on my plate with what im doing so far, without having to make six ads, and certainly dont have the money, nor the time needed to chase sponsors etc. :)

· Registered
23 Posts
Out of curiosity, whats it cost for the 30 min program slot.
If you are asking what we have paid 31 to air our show, the answer is nothing, and no payment has been discussed, we hoped (and we are proud) that they would recognize our footage as something they "want" to show, the first thing they asked after watching, was "do you have any other stuff ?".

And what does it cost to make a show they "want" to air ?, well a good idea to start with (well it seemed like it at the time, lol) a heap of camera gear, a little bit of money, lots of dedication, "well over" 300 hours work, and a very, very understanding family :)

· Premium Member
10,301 Posts
And a very grateful audience, Thank You for your dedication to our sport/hobby

· Registered
23 Posts
Ok still trying to perfect the final master DVD footage and disk menu, having a few dramas , but hope to have it sorted soon.

We finished off the DVD cover artwork last night about 1.30am, here is a sneak peek, just remember you are looking at the open cover, so its front/back and spine.........:cool:

41 - 60 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.