Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Great racing event!

Thank you to all sponsors King RC, Aussie Hobbies, OZRC and DanielsPitstop.

Special thanks to;

All intestate and local competitors – without you this event would not be possible.

Troy - the person behind the scene and microphone.

Les – photos

Steve (Dirty Dog Media) – Video

QORLS Committee and Members

Shawn -Direct Hire

Rok RC -for suppling fuel bottles.

Dean Roworth - for his passion for the hobby and help withthe event

Brad Davis AARCMACC – Race director - Brad’s comments;(QORLS is the worst club he has ever directed at) his comment have been taken as constructive criticism and it will be used to better our club in the future.

Congratulations to Our Australia champions;

Matthew Van Gilst QLD - 2wd EFRA - Elcon MMX

Darren Olson QLD - 4wd AARCMCC - MCD V-4

Tony Nettleton QLD -4wd outlaw - DPS Toxic

Julian Fulton-Boot NSW -2wd outlaw - HPI Baja 5b

This event was the first large scale off road Championshipsin Australia.

It will be used as experience for next events to come.

Please feel free to comment on your experience. Your feedbeck will only improve our future events and make out hobby more enjoyable.

Video will be available very soon. If you would like a video of the Championships please contact ([email protected]) formore info.

Photos are available now – please contact QORLS photographer– Les [email protected]

Thank you
QORLS

· Premium Member
3,655 Posts
What a freak of nature Jules is! He wouldn't have raced much in the last 12 months and pulls out a 1st at the nationals

Well done to the other winners too.

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My apologies for forgetting to thank Rok RC for suppling fuel bottles.

Rocko - you rock!

Thank you!

· Registered
4,425 Posts
Congratulations to all the winners and finalists, this was a huge event and the first of such magnitude for the 1/5th off road boys in Australia.

I witnessed and was involved in some fantastic racing on a challenging track!
The track changed over the 4 days and presented more challenges as time went on.

Thank you to QORLS and your committee for hosting, I/we appreciate the amount of work put on the get it over the line.
A big thanks to all the members I met behind the scenes, your all more than welcome to come and race in Sydney anytime as we discussed.

A lot of people will have learnt a lot over the 4 days of competition including myself, I look forward to November 2013 when we can all meet again in Sydney for the next instalment.

Thank you to Brad Davis from AARCMCC for his role as race director, the event ran very smoothly and there was plenty of time scheduled between races for track watering etc.
The Slyfox program didn't miss a best and having Troy commentate the race when your driving is an experience in itself.

Cheers
Dean Roworth
SSME- AARCMCC large scale off road rep.

· Registered
125 Posts
I went along for a few hours on Saturday as a spectator & really enjoyed it. I've never been to a race meet before but it looked like a heap of fun.
Just wish I had a completed car to race.
Great job.

· Premium Member
10,301 Posts
Next year Brad...get your gear together : )

Well what a great 4 days of racing, a Huge Thank You to everyone, Sponsors, Hosts and Competitors, Marshals, Officials and Spectators.

It was good to see everyone out having fun and working together to make this the first in what will hopefully become an Ongoing event around the country for many years to come.

Once again I got to meet a lot more of the large scale community from around the country, putting names to faces and catching up with Interstate Friends, What a great bunch of people.

I already have my seat booked for 2013....who's coming?

· Premium Member
10,301 Posts
Yeah Julian drove really well all weekend he's a freak!! Congrats to all the winners!
Julian really is the dark horse....doesnt drive for how long, then to pop up from nowhere and get a Podium Finish would have to feel awesome...Congrats : )

· Registered
116 Posts
I would like to say thanks for Dean, QORLS, Brad Davis for the fantasic job and the sh*t you put up with lol and the rest for putting on a great weekend. Had a ball of fun out on the track and off. Was good to meet a lot of new people and for the help. A great bunch of people.

Congratulations to all the winners.

can't wait till 2013 for the next one in sydney.

Mitch King

· Registered
896 Posts
I had a great weekend. Many a laugh was had. Meet a lot of people and put a face to the user name. Thanks to QORLS for putting the event on. Brad for running the event very smoothly. Deano and Callan for all there hard work with the rule books and helping in this sport of ours. Callan from KING RC again for all his help by giving me pointers on how to set up the car and with parts like the powerhouse G4z engine. Brad for helping Callan rebuild my engine after I had a little dust problem. And the Rok from Rok Rc for suppying a couple of servos after I fried mine.

2012 Largescale Offroad Nationals was a great starting point for the future of this great sport.

· Registered
246 Posts
Brad for helping Callan rebuild my engine after I had a little dust problem. .
all part of the G4Z after sales support mate :thumb:
you were not the only one to get caught with the dust

i think i rebuilt 4 engines over the weekend

but worth it to keep the G4z boys out on the track and having fun

you cant beat that for product support

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Looking at the results DPS and Allanach racing have done very well. “Simple is best!”

I must say 4wd classes have come a long way, look at the closes racing and depth of quality drivers. The 4wd winners had to really fight for their spots.

I have to mention David was dead last at the start. The displayment of his driving to get to second was defiantly the high light of the Championships.I must say my Team Driver Tony had a tire change during the race and still came third.
In my opinion any of the top three drivers deserved to win.
Darren - with all the bad luck you have had you deserve to be Aussie Champion!

Julian - I think you shocked some of NSW team members. You have not raced for 13 months.
YOU CAME - YOU KICKED BUTT – AND NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN

Matt – steady wins the race -you won the winter series and now an Aussie Champion –well done!

Well done to all the Champions in all classes!

· Registered
2,914 Posts
kris your the secretary of qorls.... can you get the president on the line..????

asl him why weeks after the event there 's no video footage of any of the races....thats just no good for the largescale scene..

can you please post some video of the event...

and no i,m not going to buy a video of the event..

should be free for all members of the largescale community to see ...that will beneifit the whole largescale scene and all clubs in aus..

post up some vids please...

· Registered
1,283 Posts
Ambro, here's a video of the EFRA 4wd Final, not the whole 30 minutes just the start and other bits that i joined and uploaded to youtube...

Got more if you like, just have to get them up.

· Registered
257 Posts
mate, the guys who got video footage of the event, weren't apart of out club before the Australian Championships. They came out as they were new to the filmiong industry and it would be there first big thing. They want to send an edited copy of the filming to Brisbane Digital Channel '31', and to make a 1hr long DVD to be sold to earn some extra cash, most likely to pay off the video filming equipment and the cost of the DVD's and cases. As if they are going to just give it away? Thats like you going to work and not getting payed for it? Have a think about it hey?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.