Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think some of you guys know that I trashed the Hummer Body, I have also recently purchased a bunch of hopups. Consequently the Savage has had a face lift. This is a long post with LOTS of photos... sorry to everyone with slow connections...

The New Proline '04 Ford F150 - Colour is Tamiya PS15 Metallic Red

Topless....

Wasp, Ripple Pipe and Motor Saver Air Filter

Fuel Filter

Steering Servo Mod

HPI Dual Brakes

Throttle Mod - Also see the charge jack in the Radio Cover

Hump Pack Charging

Things I didn't photograph:

<UL>
<LI>All dogbones and drive cups are heavy duty.</LI>
<LI>Upgraded the 2 speed with an additional engagement pin.</LI>[/list]

While I was at it I inspected all the diffs and shocks and reloaded them with fresh silicon oil (3000wt rear diff, 5000wt front diff, 35wt rear shocks, 30wt front shocks).

Thats me done for a while now......

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
472 Posts
what do you mean by a second engagement pin? i need to purcahse a new 2 speed lcutch holder as mine is rooted...nice truck but!!!

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JoNo-vs-SAVAGE said:
what do you mean by a second engagement pin?

The second gear mechanism in the Savage is activated when a cam flys out (due to the centrifical force) and engages ona pin in the gear. There is a second hole in the gear where you can put an additional pin. This pin means you only ever have less than half a revolution prior to the cam engaging so the transition is smoother, but also you are not always engaging on the single pin, so it helps out from a wear and tear point of view.

Probably bcomes more of an issue when you are running a Picco or similar engine.

Hope this explains it a bit better.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bender said:
i thought this truck looked familier! are they the same rims or did u sell em with the truck

Good pickup there Bender - however no - those rims went with the TC. I think the 40 Series Prolines are first class and they were the first hopup when I got the Savage.

That body on the TC - Proline F-350 Extended - was nearly what I bought for the Savage - but I think that the new '04 F150 is just a little sweeter.... I am very happy with the way it has turned out.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, do you think I am getting predictable... creature of habit maybe....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts