Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just 4 weeks ago was thinking AUD could break 80c... and now today its dropped under 70c.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Zoomer,

I know my spending has slowed down....
I made up for it while it was high though.

Regards,

Chris

·
Registered
536 Posts
i ain't that worried as i'm sure it will go back up to near 80c as soon as it hits 75c plus again i'm buyin me madforce

stupid yanks and there strong economy

i take back what i said man i hope it goes back up as i want to save my $$$

oh well even if i buy at 60c it's still going to be like 300$ cheaperEdited by: mini-t

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Economists are all saying its not going up for a while yet... ahh, but what do they know?? They're like backseat drivers of the economy, trying to steer by looking thru the rearview mirror.

Could have something to do with oil hitting US$40/b... silly petrol prices have hit A$1 here.
Pretty soon we won't be able to afford to drive anymore.

Whilst you all got spare cash, buy BHP shares... they often do well when the AUD dives.

·
Registered
536 Posts
i'm only 15 and i got 2000$ bucks off shares there doing ok there even

man i want a madforce ,yeah the oil price is crazy 40 bucks a barrel it's got something to do with the yanks on iraq i reckonEdited by: mini-t

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mini-t said:
...it's got something to do with the yanks on iraq i reckon

well if all their efforts had gone to plan and liberation was really as easy as they thought it could be ("sigh" on both counts), oil would be $10/b by now.

Nah, some bomb incident at a Saudi refinery I think. Caused a shutdown in production and so it spiked to $40. But its been creeping up to high 30s lately anyway.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
mini-t said:
oh well mum will be buying the mad force so its her money not mine

I don't suppose that she'd want to by me some hopups while she's at it? While she's feeling so generous I mean.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You know what really sux is that, even though the exchange rate has pretty much improved, the hobby shops haven't reduced they prices by that much. I was actually feeling sorry for them when the rate was 55 cents, but they are charging the same prices today as they were back then. Disgraceful.

No wonder they are squirming at forums like this that encourage importing. Anyone caught a freak pay $1200 for a T-maxx? I did.

my 3 cents,

milknbutter.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
MnB,

Yep, I catch people paying insane amounts of money for stuff all the time. You say to them "Did you check the Tower Website?" and you just get a blank look.

There are some good guys in Aus that are helping the LHS's to learn that they can't get away with this crap - MRC Model Car Parts is one of them.

As for the Aussie Dollar.... bummer dude!

Regards,

Chris

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Recognise its a FREE MARKET, fellas.

There is no mandate on what prices must be set at, its all up to the shop owner. If he don't sell anything its none of nobody elses business.

Anyone that wants to go pay the high prices at the LHS then its their money their choice.

If you're standing outside telling incoming customers to go shop at Tower instead, that's obstruction to business and the LHShopkeep has good grounds to sue you for damaging his trade.

·
Registered
536 Posts
here in perth prices have come but there is one shop that is overpriced and they are the biggest

(i though i better not name names)

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
My new engine cost me an extra $50 than it would of if i brought it a month ago at 80c. Still half price of what the LHS charge

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
yeah.. i bought my savage at 74 or 75 cents.. so i was quite happy..

althought, like mini-t, our parents are paying for our expensive hobbies!
!

lol

i wish i bought something when it hit roughly 80's.. ..my bro made good use of it.. buying a electric shaver

G

·
althought, like mini-t, our parents are paying for our expensive hobbies!

where can i find these parents??...most my mum bought that i can remeber was a $10 glow plug for my old nitro car..

Nismo

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
well atm .. u can find them upstairs sleeping! LOL

mum also pays for fuel

·
Registered
536 Posts
as i said the aussie dollar will come back now it's trading at 71.80c and next week there is a heap of economic news so i'm pretty sure the dollar will be at 75c soon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts