Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried out both of these fuels?
The new AT Platium brand and the Amain blue dot.

Currently using the Amain fuel but was thinking of changing over to the AT Platium fuel.
They say it gives you longer run time.

Just looking to find out what the performance difference between the two is if any.
So if anyone has tried both can you let me know what you thought of the two.
Thanks.

·
Registered
370 Posts

Currently using the Amain fuel but was thinking of changing over to the AT Platium fuel.

Just looking to find out what the performance difference between the two is if any.
Thanks.
Sorry i cant quote on the amain as i have not used the new blend, but i am now using AT platinum and honestly have not gained extra runtime.. I was using nitro x hp7333 which is the good race blend from that company.

cheers

·
Registered
394 Posts

Thanks.
Sorry i cant quote on the amain as i have not used the new blend, but i am now using AT platinum and honestly have not gained extra runtime.. I was using nitro x hp7333 which is the good race blend from that company.

cheers
hey Juzz have you noticed how the AT smells like lime cordial?

i was tempted to drink some until Blackie had a go at me lol

congrats on the podium finish bro!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah i noticed that the fuel smells like it looks(pretty cool)

cheers dude..jeez ari and wayne are very hard to stay with over 20 mins.. I get brainfade after 10-15 mins,so i will have to work on it me thinks:D

·
Registered
394 Posts
yeah those to boys just don't seem to let up hey.....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Is this new AT Premium fuel a pure synthetic blend? Is there much difference between the old buggy blend with 10/2 oil? Also are you using the car or buggy blend. My LHS only has the car blend but people are using this blend in their offroad 1/8 scale buggy motors.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I use the normal at.. the premium stuff Ive read is nothing to get all premium over.. being a skeptical *****, I kinda agree

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
just use what you can get from your hobbie shop a long it's not a RTR fuel with 15% oil.lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
for those who are running the 25% AT platinum blend for offroad buggy racing are you running the car or buggy blend? My LHS stocks the car blend but say that its the same as the buggy blend?

·
Registered
569 Posts
If your LHS cant tell you for sure try contacting Vince from AT , he will be able to tell you exactly what blend you should run.

Cheers MM :D

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Ive recently changed from the normal AT to Amain C+2 & the difference is night & day

Much leaner, less oily.. better overall power & tuning range, the plugs last a touch longer too.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've been using the Amain C2 Blue Dot. The only issues I've had with the MG66 & Fuel, have been self inflicted. I changed a plug, to be safe as I'd been running the same plug for about 15L, had all sorts of problems, only to find out the plug was faulty........ & tried to race with the fuel lid jammed open........ & once didn't secure the pressure line & it got rapped around the fly wheel........
Sooooooo if you take away that dumb s##t, I have had NO problems with the engine or fuel!
I get over 12 minutes run time, great power, plugs last for ever, no flame outs, etc.
What more can you ask for?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've recently had a quite period at work so i've been spending a fair bit of time at the track, and decided to do some testing.

I was running the c2 blue dot and also got some of the new byrons prodriver gen2 30% nitro 9% oil, and some AT platinum 30% car fuel, and did a back to back test over 2 days. The first day, c2 blue dot and byrons. Second day, byrons and AT.

Test method i used was using the first fuel, run ~2 tanks getting engine fully up to temp, and a proper race tune. Then 2 tanks back to back timing from start til when it ran dry. In between each fuel i disassembled the engine, cleaned all carbon, oil etc off and re-oiled using assembly oil, and started above process with the next fuel.

The c2 came in at 11:45 tanks on both runs, with 0 roll overs. Both the byrons and AT came in at 12:30, again both tanks and 0 roll overs.

Now this is already an advantage, however i like to pull apart my motors and clean them every few meets, so i like them to stay clean. When i ran the c2 fuel, the engine would have lots of carbon build up, even if it had a proper race tune. With both the Byrons and AT, they left the engine almost spotlessly clean, with only a light tan colour on the button and top of piston.

The other major difference i found, was in the extra throttle response and bottom end snap that both the Byrons and AT gave. Albeit the extra 5% nitro content would have added to that somewhat, but overall i found the Byrons to have that little bit extra over the AT.

So in conclusion, if you we choosing between the Amain & AT Platinum, i would chose the AT.

But, if you can get your hands on the new Byrons, then that's the fuel to have!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've recently had a quite period at work so i've been spending a fair bit of time at the track, and decided to do some testing.

I was running the c2 blue dot and also got some of the new byrons prodriver gen2 30% nitro 9% oil, and some AT platinum 30% car fuel, and did a back to back test over 2 days. The first day, c2 blue dot and byrons. Second day, byrons and AT.

Test method i used was using the first fuel, run ~2 tanks getting engine fully up to temp, and a proper race tune. Then 2 tanks back to back timing from start til when it ran dry. In between each fuel i disassembled the engine, cleaned all carbon, oil etc off and re-oiled using assembly oil, and started above process with the next fuel.

The c2 came in at 11:45 tanks on both runs, with 0 roll overs. Both the byrons and AT came in at 12:30, again both tanks and 0 roll overs.

Now this is already an advantage, however i like to pull apart my motors and clean them every few meets, so i like them to stay clean. When i ran the c2 fuel, the engine would have lots of carbon build up, even if it had a proper race tune. With both the Byrons and AT, they left the engine almost spotlessly clean, with only a light tan colour on the button and top of piston.

The other major difference i found, was in the extra throttle response and bottom end snap that both the Byrons and AT gave. Albeit the extra 5% nitro content would have added to that somewhat, but overall i found the Byrons to have that little bit extra over the AT.

So in conclusion, if you we choosing between the Amain & AT Platinum, i would chose the AT.

But, if you can get your hands on the new Byrons, then that's the fuel to have!
Good write up ShaneF. I enjoyed the read. I'm currently using the AT Platinum fuel and find it to be a great fuel but I do get a little more carbon build up compared to other fuels I've used.

I've used MM Amain C2 and that was a good fuel. I felt the MM C2 fuel left the inside of the engine a little cleaner than the AT fuel. However a lot of others at my club had a lot of issues with Massivemods fuel and no longer use it. They have all gone to AT Platinum, Nitro X or RB fuel.

I think you cannot go wrong with any of the fuels mentioned above.

What is the Byrons fuel like. Where do you buy that from?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Good write up ShaneF. I enjoyed the read. I'm currently using the AT Platinum fuel and find it to be a great fuel but I do get a little more carbon build up compared to other fuels I've used.

I've used MM Amain C2 and that was a good fuel. I felt the MM C2 fuel left the inside of the engine a little cleaner than the AT fuel. However a lot of others at my club had a lot of issues with Massivemods fuel and no longer use it. They have all gone to AT Platinum, Nitro X or RB fuel.

I think you cannot go wrong with any of the fuels mentioned above.

What is the Byrons fuel like. Where do you buy that from?
I personally love the Byrons. Great power, great run time, and leaves the engine clean!

I've been getting it from Xfactor Hobbies on the gold coast, but i know Rc Tech Supplies is the importer so if you want your local hobby shop to get it, just get them to ring up rc tech supplies. Btw, for the 30% it's $59 for a gallon.

·
Registered
569 Posts
We recently had about 8 drivers at the Au Nats use the C2 form the same batch and containers. 4 had a lot of carbon build up. 2 had normal carbon build up and 2 has spotless engines with tons of power and run time i think up to 13.5 mins in truggy.

Carbon is a natural process of combustion. When you have a lot of carbon you are not running the fuel at its optimum. when you have no carbon you are running at almost too lean. You can tell if you are running at a good tune when the inside of the engine is a honey colour , the plug surround is same and silver undistorted coil.

you can get 10 people with the same fuel and get 10 different results.

·
Registered
225 Posts
without a doubt the blue dot is the the best fuel i have used ..Mmmmmmassive

·
Registered
569 Posts
Thats because its the best fuel produced in this country :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
and it smells good !! masssssive!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts