Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because if you are and you are a fan of RC (aren't we all) then I have a deal for you...

You buy these...

Ebay auction items

And then I will buy 1 x engine back plate from you. Then you get to make a heap of money by tinkering with the rest.

Husky... are you reading this??

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
... and/or end up with a big pile of junk!

Probably cost ya $500 in postage on top, 35-40kgs.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I all wase like the no reserve but starting the bidding at $500

sounds like a reserve off $500 to me

postage to here makes it not worth it but if you lived close you might make some nice cash out off them.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Yeah i seen it...... and thought about it......... but NO!! You would never get rid of them all and if you did you would be left with bits and pieces. But at least you could get your backplate and a 80 spares

I would love to buy them just to blow a few up though! Im thinking....... no run in and then WOT runs and see what breaks first

Then lean one out and see what temp you could get one to before it gives up

Run one on 50% nitro and see what happens

And then you could decide what to do with the other 77 engines

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I say get 10 ppl together and buy the lot. Everyone gets a few working motors and heaps of parts for say max $100. What do you think?

I'd be in for that, cmon guys!

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Morphy said:
I say get 10 ppl together and buy the lot. Everyone gets a few working motors and heaps of parts for say max $100. What do you think?

Mmmm I hadn't thought of it as a serious idea, but that does have some merit. the thing that would kill us is the freight!

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Morphy said:

I would be down for that

·
Registered
660 Posts
same here
nitro powered tooth brush and skateboard

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Morphy, interesting idea... looks like there is already 4 who would put in so if we got another 4 or 5 that idea might swing?

Anyone?

Edit note: Actually maybe not... the current bid is up to $710.00 USD!Edited by: Skidd

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Damn damn damn I want to make a nitro powered gatlin pea-shooter to mount on my savage...

Actually I thought the price would jump... oh well it was a nice thought... Will watch to see what it gets to.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
I can confirm that he now has 200 engines (the number has gone up since his ad went up). For "safe" shipping to Australia he reckons he can get 58 engines per box and that it weighs 54 pounds per box. I will let you do the math.

Jerrah - thanks for the info.

Regards,

Chris

1 - 20 of 48 Posts