Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone on here owns an MT2?

I was looking at this and the Rush EVO. The main reason I am swaying
towards the MT2 at the moment is because I want to build the car (don't
want it preassembled).

Are there any downsides to this car? common faults? and are HPI model kits similar in construction to the Tamiya tg10 and tl01?

Also interested in the possibility of getting a Rush EVO in kit form? is that possible?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
The assembly of the model, if you have already build a kit, will be a piece of cake.

That said, Tamiya have the best assembly instruction - bar none!!! So if you are familiar with the Tamiya kits, don't be suprised if the HPI manuals are a little trickier to follow. Based on the HPI Savage manuals, I would say that it won't give you any grief, but I repeat - Tamiya is exceptional.

HPI make a tough kit, the only question I would have is - where are you buying it from? Do they stock spare parts? I know that Mark at MRC Model Car Parts in Canberra supports this model, so you should be OK. Click on the link in the header of the page to get his details.

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be buying it from MRC. I could walk to his PO Box from my
girlfriends place in about 5 minutes (it's seriously that close). So I
was going to go and have a talk to Mark and have a closer look at the
kits and my options if possible.

My local model shop are also very pro Tamiya (not a bad thing, they are
extremely helpful), and although they can get HPI they have given me
timeframes of ~month to get requested models in.

Im not really concerned about the building of the model being too
difficult, im sure I will figure it out in the end.. but I do want to
be able to build the car up as I think this is half the fun!.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
bzchi said:
I do want to be able to build the car up as I think this is half the fun!.

Absolutely - the last car (truck) I bought was RTR and the first thing I did was strip it down.

I am sure that Mark will look after you.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
158 Posts
tghe mt2 is pre assembled all u have to do is ad radio batteries, i would not get a rush they have a weak design and the mt2 is superier in having the best steering of any stadium truck, my references, RC CAR magazine july 2003 issue undertook a test of 5 most popular trucks MT winning resently in the april edition of RC CAR magazine the reviewd the MT2 and sais it beats the NMT at everything the MT was good at making it one of the best stadium trucks for backyard rc and for a few hot laps down at the truck

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I just bought an MT2 - aint played with it yet tho.

My two mates both have them, and they love them, easy to put together (litterally just the servo tray & you're ready to go).

Roto-start seems really good, and even tho most of the stuff is ABS resin, it seems pretty durable, and heaps light too. I was a bit sceptical, going from an all alloy / nickel car (Speed 9.5) but it's soo much lighter.

Still playin round with my Kyosho Stadium GP Ultra, but I've got that for sale now, cos I don't need two trucks!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
PS : I just picked one upBRAND NEW without radio gear, from Stanbridges in Perth, for $500

Cheapest I've seen by far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts