1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<CENTER>
</CENTER>
<BLOCKQUOTE>Dear Tower Hobbies Gold Preferred Customer,

Congratulations, you are one of our very best customers! Only a handful of our customers have achieved Gold Preferred status. This title is reserved for only our very best customers--customers like you who have supported Tower Hobbies with a generous amount of your business.

To say "Thank you!" for that business, we're giving you a chance to take advantage of the best money-saving deal Tower Hobbies has ever offered. And, it's being made only to our Gold Preferred customers.

All I can say is that I hope my wife never finds out...... or more precisely, how much I have spent to get there.

Regards,

AUSRC</BLOCKQUOTE>Edited by: AUSRC

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Two questions:

What are they offering?

Damn! How much do yuo spend there?

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Don't tell me... is it another "club" that you join, pay an annual subscription fee and then you get benefits like "free shipping & handling (US only)"...

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Noannual subscription on this one, just crap loads of spending. It is a discount structure to try and make you spend large lumps of money, and in return they do give pretty good discounts.

The hurdle rate for the first discount is 500US. Goes all the way to 2500US. Obviuosly they figure - he has spent a crap load, maybe he will spend a crap load more.

I am a member of the Super Saver Club, and have got my money back maybe 5 times over. They now give you the first $7.99US in postage off the bill (since they will not free post internationally). Considering when I joined I only paid $14.99US for 12 months (half price deal), I think it was worth it.

Anyway, when I received this email I was amused (people say that happens far too easily).....

Regards,

AUSRC

Edited by: AUSRC

·
Registered
166 Posts
all i do is wait for the tower catalouge to come and get all the coupons together and save like 50us on the bill.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
AUSRC said:
Noannual subscription on this one, just crap loads of spending. It is a discount structure to try and make you spend large lumps of money, and in return they do give pretty good discounts.

The hurdle rate for the first discount is 500US. Goes all the way to 2500US.

Sounds alright then, nothing to lose. What %s are they offering anyway?

I stopped buying so much from Tower since the AUD crashed below 60c... jeez that's been a while!!

Obviuosly they figure - he has spent a crap load, maybe he will spend a crap load more.

Me creditcard coys seem to think the same thing... first 'Gold', then 'Platinum', etcetc... when they offer 'Diamond/Onyx' I'm gunna get really scared.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Geez - I dunno......

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
nellyneil said:
has any 1 ever ordered a mail order from tower hobbies

I hope your were trying to be funny, cos damn!

Hang on, hang on, what was this topic all about? Oh yeah a perfered customer in Australia....

Edited by: Morphy

·
Registered
36 Posts
speaking of tower..... with air mail it says 10 - 30 days. Has it ever arrived later than 30 days for any of you guys.

coz i'm still waiting for my truck. its been 27 days now. everything else arrived, even an order from last week arrived. maybe someone at the postal service pinched the truck or maybe customs is holding it and wont let it go, any ideas people???

·
Registered
405 Posts
My smaller packages arrive usually within 5 - 10 days to a post office
box. My savage took... about a month I think. When it gets to 30 days
give them a call and ask them what's going on!

You'll probably find around the 30 day mark you'll get a letter from
customs or the post office. I get the feeling that bigger packages move
slower - but customs must sit on them for a week or two before they
process them. If you're at 27 days I'd say it's either lost - or
customs have it. More likely the later. Could always call your local
customs office and ask them if they have anything for you.

Jerrah.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts