Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there postage is ridiculus, they want $60USDpostage for a small item

is the quote at the checkout what they actually charge or just an estimate?

thx

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
I've never bought from the myself. They do seem to have some cheap stuff though... but they probably make most of their margin on shipping.

Interestingly the company I work for has a business affiliation with Ace Hardware in the USA, a hugechain of stores... in the top 3 hardware chains in the USA. Anyway, I was told that Ace Hobbies is owned by a franchisee who started it as a little side line. He was forced to change all his logos etc because it was just copies of the Ace Hardware ones... I guess that some thought he was getting a free ride from the association that people might make with the brand.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey there,

I'm pretty sure that "nightmare" got his 1/8 buggy wheels & tyres from Ace Hobbies, and I'm sure shipping wasn't US$60. He recommended them to me, but I've been able to source my buggy wheels & tyres locally for $70 a set. (makes US$60 for shipping definitely not worth it)

He's not in this forum to reply unfortunately, but if you ask on Ozryderz or rc-tech, he will probably reply.

Cheers, Oggy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have used ace a few times and they are good . i got my savage through them and a lot of other parts. yes there shipping is a little expensive but remember its done by ups express and is guaranteed to be at your door within 5 days. never had any probs yet. i do most of my shopping at tower and there shipping isnt bad at all but not guaranteed within 5 days and if it goes missing its 90 days from ordertill they look into it where as ace can track the package all the way to your front door and kev at is is very friendly you can call them untill 10am syd time and they are more than happy to talk to you and sort out any issues that you might have

give em a try ,,,,,,,

that my 2 cents worth

Cruzn2

Edited by: cruzn2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts