Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congratulations to Zoomer who today has tripped the 1000 post mark and has become an RC God!! LOL... like we didn't already know that 'ey?

All hail the great Zoomer... from this point on he shall be known as Sir Zoomer.

Seriously though, thanks Sir Zoomer for all your great input, advice and great insight. It's members like you with you fantastic contribution that make this site the terrific place that it is. Your generousity with advice, observations, knowledge and patience doesn't go unappreciated.

Thanks bloke...

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Skidd,

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Regards,

Chris

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
whoa... I seem to have missed my own Coronation ceremony??

ahh, that's ok.

Was a little preoccupied last night.

'Cos after searching seriously for Five years (and not-that-seriously for the Ten yrs before that),I finally FOUND ONE --the undoubted Holy Grail
of the red-n-blue star universe...:

Mucho Thanks for all the kind words, Guys!!

(still all blokes, eh? No gals on the register yet?
)

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
azenis said:
I thought the auctiion for that finished today?
a mate down here is after one as well

hehehe... turned out it was a mate of a mate of a mate of a mate of a mate who was selling it for his mate... so last night I dropped everything to pay him a visit & we shook.

Paid a pretty penny but at least its "local"... which means I saved a heap on shipping, so was happy to offer 'more'. Airmailing something like that could cost $200 easy from US or UK.

That auction picture *amazingly* doesn't show the BIG HOLE IN THE WINDSCREEN...

Yaaay, my 15y search is NOW OVER!

(this morning there's a weird feeling... bit like the day after one's wedding. Case of "Now What?" Scary...!)

Yeah the whole world is after those trucks, pretty rare. Some crazy prices have been reached on eBay in past years, but current time is good for buyers imho. Dunno why, just a slight slump.

The old Hilux is pretty fragile so noone sane buys them to bash with. The newer tougher Bruiser & Mountaineer can take more abuse and makes a better runner, so more ppl prefer those. Endgame prices are about the same for either model (popularity vs rarity) but the 25yo original is much harder to come by.

But, to take a phrase off X-philes, "They Are Out There". I'd know of at least a dozen in VIC & NSW and have seen a few of them, but until yesterday none have met price vs condition limits. eg some are pretty crappy condition and would take too much money to restore to an acceptable vehicle, its better to wait for something better.

Vintage RC is a completely different hobby altogether!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Daymn Husky! Everyone drop to one knee, and worshop the new R/C God!!

Dude how quick was that last 500???

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats to you Husky on reaching the 1,000 post mark and joining the elite fewin the rank ofRC God.

You are another one of the great members that make AUSRC the fantastic place that it is... your helpful advice to members and how you are always offering up the benefit of your experience to others makes you very deserving of the title.

Hereforth you shall be known as Sir Husky.

Or perhaps Sir Poopsie Girdle Pants.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
More congratulations on offer for our newest R/C God... this time for our Melbourne Based Brother.... Fire, congrats bloke on reaching the 1000 post mark and for all the good stuff you contribute to our forum. Well done.

Arise Sir Fire and may the sun never set on your enthusiasm for our great hobby.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.