Australian RC Forums banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
i dont think there is any difference between the center diffs in the rc8 and rc8.2e, fronts and rears would be different though

can always check part numbers on the associated site if your unsure, diff housing should be the same, and i assume thats what u want to make sure it fits

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi AssociatedRC8,

looks like your mailbox is full, I get the message "AssociatedRC8 has exceeded their stored private messages" when try to send you one. Can you send me the cad files? My email should be already in your mailbox (so don't delete that one right away ;)). How is the MGT going?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anything you would do differently?

I just received a rolling chassis and a motor mount/center diff of your design. As I am just about to begin the completion of this conversion, is there anything you would have done differently looking back?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The body is for the Traxxas Tmaxx or Emaxx so it's a bit smallish but I (and the mrs!) like it and that's what counts.

I've used HPI center shafts/dogbones, they are readily available here. Any racing brand would work as long as your local shop carries it. They don't wear out quickly, they're pretty protected so they should last you quite a while.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just an update about my slow progressing brushless conversion. It’s not a MGT but close: a Thunder Tiger S50 Sledgehammer ;). I sold the motor and gearbox and while I’m waiting for the motor/diff mount I’ve started the conversion.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Photo 1: Small modification to create room for the motor just behind the receiver box. I also made an aluminum plate over the steering servo to mount the ESC on top of it.
Gas Wood Machine Electronic instrument Audio equipment

Photo 2: Aluminum U-shape battery tray. I couldn’t make up my mind if I wanted to use a single or a dual Lipo pack so I decided to make a battery tray which can accommodate both. The battery tray isn’t mounted on the chassis yet because I want to do it after I’ve mounted the motor/diff mount.

I also replaced the shock towers with GPM alu ones and mounted some stiffer springs. Hoping I will not face shock caps popping off.

Does somebody has experience with the GPM Racing Hard Steel Anti-Roll Bar? I think it might improve the handling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I'm a few years behind on this one...

Please can anyone advise if the original RC8 centre diff is replaceable /compatible with any of the following diff versions?:

*RC8B3 / RC8T3 V2 Center Diff Nitro - AS81358

*RC8B3.2e / RC8B3e / RC8B3.1 Centre Diff - ASC80940

Are they all the some size... Bearing to bearing width?

Many thanks,
James

81 - 95 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.