Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
do you think it will be as strong as the maximiser cups.

cheers

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
is it made from the same fabrication as the maximizer?.. as in 7075 or whatever

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GH are made from 6065, not sure what the maximiser ones are made from, i would say 6065 but possibly 7075. They dont say what theyre made from so you would have to email themEventually i will try them but i still think they will wear eventually. For the $60 to but two cups you could buy 6 sets of the stock plastic ones

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heres a pic i found in a savage central post

Edited by: husky

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got the alloy diff cups. When we ordered them i didnt order any pins cos people said the kyosho pins wont fit and that you have to use the stock pins and put the groove in myself. I took the kyosho pins out of my old diffs and they fit!!!! So now to get some new kyosho pins and well see how long the alloy cups last

These are single piece, where as maximizer are a two piece

·
Registered
709 Posts
DROOL..................... i like
lookin nice! guna do a spider gear how to?? includin pics if there isnt one done yet??

Congrats Husky on the 500 to!

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 4 spider mod is easy. Ill take pics when when i put the truck back together! Hopefully later this week

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Damn they look sweet - pity you can't see them in the truck!

Just as well, you've got enough purple

Interested to see how they last, you sure can buy a lot of stock ones for that price...

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yep, you sure can buy a lot of stock ones, but im sick of rebuilding all the time. And if you leave them too long the pins wear as well. The alloy cups wont flex either which should help ring and pinion wear

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
husky said:
These are single piece, where as maximizer are a two piece

do u mean.. in a maximizer set, u get 2 cups... for 50 US??

i thought it was 50 for one.. just like it is 30 for one of the GH ones!

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah they are $50US for one cup, but the cups are made in two pieces and put together. The GH are machined from 1 piece

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
interesting......... Do you know what material the maximisers are made from? Do you have a closer pic of the inside of the maximisers, cos the way it looks ther are impossible to machine from 1 piece. The GH ones are rounded from the millingtool where as the maximisers are straight cut which is impossible unless the inside finished surface is cast. Pretty sure maximisers are 2 piece
Ah well

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
husky said:
interesting......... Do you know what material the maximisers are made from? Do you have a closer pic of the inside of the maximisers, cos the way it looks ther are impossible to machine from 1 piece. The GH ones are rounded from the millingtool where as the maximisers are straight cut which is impossible unless the inside finished surface is cast. Pretty sure maximisers are 2 piece
Ah well

Husky,

I can confirm they are one piece...

In fact here is a picture of mine that I installed last night.

Gotta be happy with that!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
every nice i want some how much it cose you what else u get

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
u got any other new things???? is that for 2 diff cups

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Daymn thats nice - I wish I had more monet...

money pit, money pit, money pit

1 - 20 of 30 Posts