Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was attempting to run in my brand S25new engine this afternoon and I had the following results:

I got the motor to fire quite easily - using an oldcd burner boxas a 'race stand' I had the savage balanced with the wheels off the ground. The motor idled for about 5 minutes and then reved up suddenly and stalled. I checked the fuel line and there wasn't any air in the line, and I had a mostly full fuel tank. I waited a few minutes and started the motor again. Again the motor started fine, idled for about a minute and then went ballistic for a couple of seconds and stopped. I looked over at the exhaust and noticed it had been spitting out blackish goo - which was what I expected. The third time I started the engine, it immeadiately jumped high in the revs with clouds of blue smoke. I checked the throttle (which was hard closed by this point) and it increased in revs (wheels spinning madly in the air) until I stopped it with my finger over the exhaust. The motor was quite hot at this point, but it was getting too dark in the shopping centre carpark where I was attempting the engine run in to proceed any further.

My intial thoughts are: Air bubbles in fuel line? Leak in the intake manifold somewhere causing it to lean out?

Has anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions? I'm guessing the motor will have to come out now and I should check everything over. I was hoping to have all my modification parts ready before I started to pull it apart.

Thanks,

Jerrah.

·
Registered
472 Posts
if it revs really hard during break in...richen up the HSN unitl it either evens out or stalls...if it stalles laen a bit and start the process again till it idles alright..i had the exact some prob

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This afternoon I had a look over the Savage and nothing appeared to be poorly attached, so I checked that the carb settings matched factory... They were WAY off. Low end was close, but the high needle was very lean. I set it back to factory settings, primed the fuel and away it went. Wasn't spinning the wheels wildly at idle. Idled fine through 1 tank. Then I ran it from idle slowly increasing in revs for another tank. (Still no batteries for radio gear - that's for tommorrow)... :) The engine ran perfectly.

At this rate I'll have the Savage ready for the weekend!

I haven't attached my hop ups yet, I'll fit that in sometime before the weekend.

Jerrah.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i had the exact same prob..the factory settings were crap house. bloudy bugga at the HPI facotry needs a kcik in the ass:p

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just finshed my first litre of fuel, and started a new bottle this afternoon. Savage is now just getting up into 2nd gear. I was having fun lifting the front inside wheel from turning in too hard on asphault. (norollovers thankfully)I'm still running it rich because it seems quite tight still. Temperature range is 85c - 120c...

Should be ok for the weekend now as long as I can get that darn radiobox lid on!

I can't seem to be able to force it down far enough to get the pins through, and getting the front of the lidunder thesuspension toweris quite difficult.

Any tips? :S

Jerrah.Edited by: jerrah

·
Registered
472 Posts
with the antenna tube...feed it out through the back of the roll bar as it breaks off easily and snaps the antenna wire:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts