Australian RC Forums banner
361 - 373 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
soo this blue dot stuff isn't that bad....:eek:

Ran the last of my normal amain for 2 qualifiers and then the blue dot for the remaining 2 qualifiers on sunday (main was rained out) and man how nice is this stuff. I thought throttle response was snappy with the normal amain, but the blue dot steps it up a notch, or 20!

I havn't been using any aro, all i've been doing is after each day i run the motor, i disconnect the fuel line and turn the engine over on the box til it stops 'popping'. I have however been tearing it down after each race meet and degreasing it and re-oiling it, and there are no signs of corrosion, yellowing or wear on any parts inside.

Add to that the sleeve measures up the same as it did 12 tanks ago :thumb:

I'm only at 24tanks (2.75l) since the new piston/rod/sleeve, so i cant wait til the 5 port loosens up at the reported 4-5l mark :D

Like you didn't believe us Shane.....:D

·
Registered
141 Posts
good stuff shane, where did you finish?;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
I might suggest that since the lubrication properties of this fuel are nothing short of brilliant, don't be suprised if it actually gets out to 7-8 ltrs before she loosens up properly and then she'll really scream. In the past I have found it can take a touch longer than the 4-5 litres previously mention. All depends on how hard you are on your engines, I'm a bit brutal of late and it has been taking 5-6 ltrs to get to break tune (engine appears to richen on its own accord and you really start to lean on it and get huge power).

·
Registered
141 Posts
hey shane how did you go racing this weekend?:D
lol did the motor & fuel combo do much damage to your tyres & clutch?:cool:;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
hey shane how did you go racing this weekend?:D
lol did the motor & fuel combo do much damage to your tyres & clutch?
lol cheeky bugger :p

Well i won my first race yesterday out @ bdr in nitro c. They were running bump ups so i raced nitro b aswell and finished 4th. I was massivly happy with those results as it was only my 3rd race meet and 2nd time on that track. :D

Clutch is shagged as per my other thread (which i do doubt is from the excessive power :p) but my losi tyres have gone brazillion style and tried to detach themselves from the rims :eek:

Run time was pretty good too. Was managing 10mins from a tank, so only had to stop once in both races. Was pushing my luck in the b final as it ran out of fuel just as i crossed the line lol (c final was 18mins long and b was 20mins long)

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
hey shane how did you go racing this weekend?
lol did the motor & fuel combo do much damage to your tyres & clutch?
lol cheeky bugger

Well i won my first race yesterday out @ bdr in nitro c. They were running bump ups so i raced nitro b aswell and finished 4th. I was massivly happy with those results as it was only my 3rd race meet and 2nd time on that track.

Clutch is shagged as per my other thread (which i do doubt is from the excessive power ) but my losi tyres have gone brazillion style and tried to detach themselves from the rims

Run time was pretty good too. Was managing 10mins from a tank, so only had to stop once in both races. Was pushing my luck in the b final as it ran out of fuel just as i crossed the line lol (c final was 18mins long and b was 20mins long)

Good news Shane, well done ! :thumb:

·
Registered
662 Posts
RC Hobby Zone / Massive Mods team driver Adam Alexander WINS (Truggy Class) Buggy Party 2009 with his GO Engine GX5R, Amain Blue Dot powered Losi 8T2.0

·
Registered
123 Posts
how did he get the fuel overseas?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Congratulations go out to;

Adam, MassiveMods and RC Hobby Zone :thumb:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Edenhope Challenge 25.01.10

Congratulations to all that raced and BIG THANKS to the MM / RCHZ race team for representing so well !

Truggy A Final
1st Deano Michalik MG 66 Losi T 2.0 A Main Fuel
2nd Andy Tonero MG 66 Mugen 6t A Main Fuel
3rd Glen Boyd MG 66 Mugen 6t A Main Fuel

Buggy A Final
1st Mat Griffen OS Kyosho Answer RC
2nd Adam Alexander MG 66 Losi 2.0 A Main Fuel
3rd Ron Maya Novarossi Losi 2.0

Dave Anisworth

TQ and 2nd place MT A Main Fuel

Mark De Berard

3rd Place Truggy B Main MG66 Losi T A Main Fuel

·
Registered
569 Posts
Howdy all

MM is sponsoring the NSW titles at Livo , we will have some fuel and a Pre Run MG66 donated for the raffle. We will also have some fuel out there free for those who are curious about trying the AM C2 Blue Dot 25% , Either Flanno or Blackie will have these so feel free to approach them for a samaple !

Cheers M

361 - 373 of 373 Posts