561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ,

Im wondering if anyone has tried the venom 3000 mah nimh 7.2 stick
packs and if so how did you find them ..... Im looking for batteries
for the txt 1 and I know I will need a few. Im guessing, as with most
things (but not all) that you get what you pay for, they seem
relatively cheap.

What do I need to consider when looking for batteries ?

thanks for your help

dan

·
Registered
332 Posts
hmm nup never seen one...how much is it?

just buy brand name batteries...and nismospeed told me aboutgetting 7.2v batts with sanyo batts...i don't know what my team orion 2400nicd is...its just a blue casing with team orion 2400nicd and a rocket picture...my tamiya 1400nicd says maker: tamiya inc maker: sanyo electronics.

hmmmm

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Sanyo are the way to go on NiCd, but I think I remember Zoomer saying GP are the cells to get for NiMH.

Dan, do you know what cells Venom use?

Regards,

Chris

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MRC has them for 45 beans each. Im not sure what cells they are made from.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
No idea what's inside the Venom packs sorry. (Venom line is handled by same Oz distributor as HPI so...
)

If you go here they're advertising 3000 packs for $40... and $75, and $105.

http://www.modelflight.com.au/accessories_battery_packs.htm

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=400 border=1>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>[6N3000] 6 cell 3000mAh Sub C NiMH car pack w/Tamiya plug</TD>
<TD align=middle>AUD$39.95 USD$25.95</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>[6N3000.2] 6 cell 3000mAh Sub C NiMH car pack w/Tam plug (2 pce)</TD>
<TD align=middle>AUD$75.00 USD$47.95</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>[6N3000.3] 6 cell 3000mAh Sub C NiMH car pack w/Tam plug (3 pce)</TD>
<TD align=middle>AUD$105.00 USD$66.95</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

They sell single Sanyo subC 3000 cell for $15.

G

·
i got a 1700mah sanyo pack, it had a blue wrapping with a white sticker with sanyo cells on it..

works great for

Nismo

·
Registered
596 Posts
me and a mate have used the venom 3000 packs before and i can safely say they are rubbish. you will get 40 may be 50 good charges out of them before they start dumping like crazy. the venom packs use no name cells probably from china for all we know. these cells have ultra high resisitance so unless you plan or running silver can 540 motors only then avoid these cells

to be honest you would be better off witha sanyo 2400 or the GP 3300s. ryperhobbies here in perth have gp 3300's matched by KMR from 70 bux for the 1.15v packs. these are loose cells so you will have to build them into side by side configuration your selfEdited by: jiggen5354

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for everyones help,

I have just purchased 2 gp 3300's from ebay for 50 each but Im guessing they arent matched packs.

Owell they should get me buy for some rock crawling runs

regards

dan

·
Registered
477 Posts
i just bought some team orion 3300 nimh man stick packs for around $70 aus..so are they good batteries?? or crappy??

ryan

·
Registered
307 Posts
Dan said:

I have just purchased 2 gp 3300's from ebay for 50 each but Im guessing they arent matched packs.

regards

dan

From Plantet Hobbies? They've just gone to $60. Let us know your opinion.

·
Registered
307 Posts
migoreng said:
hmm nup never seen one...how much is it?

just buy brand name batteries...and nismospeed told me aboutgetting 7.2v batts with sanyo batts...i don't know what my team orion 2400nicd is...its just a blue casing with team orion 2400nicd and a rocket picture...my tamiya 1400nicd says maker: tamiya inc maker: sanyo electronics.

hmmmm

I have that same orion rocket pack 2400, and reckon it's crap. It looses power from the word go. My tamiya 1400rc (like yours and everyone who starts off with it) is still just like new. Go's harder , with more punch and obviously less run time. But it performs like a ni-cad should, near peak power for the whole discharge.

I'm prolly going to get a Gp 3300 off planet hobbies if the price comes back to $50- which it should because the 2phka has gone up and down in $.

Cheers.

·
Registered
596 Posts
GSRace said:
Dan said:

regards

dan

From Plantet Hobbies? They've just gone to $60. Let us know your opinion.

a mate of mine uses gp 3300 stick packs that he got from planet has well for racing. so far all is good with plenty of punch and runtime

G

·
hey i just bought 2 3000mah batts from ebay they were some brand "winners Circle"....never heard of em b4 weel they seemed alright and they were $41 for both of em.....the cells are OEM and they are Nimh....are they any good???

·
Registered
307 Posts
those titanium cells? The company that uses a "chick" picture in they're ebay ad's? "First EVery Time" slogan? I haven't used them, but generally mate you get what you pay for, they seem cheap and nasty.

Having said that, you DO have 2 extra batteries, must ok for practice at least. I just don't think they'd cut on the track as far as "punch" is concerned.

G

·
thats them.....they arrive soon......they recon they are MATCHED AND RATE IN AT ABOUT 1.2- 1.5 V per cell......does OEM make good cells?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will only be using the batteries in my txt 1 so runtime is more of an
issue I guess, not out and out race track performance. When I get the
txt 1 crawling I will let you know.

·
Registered
307 Posts
addy89 said:
thats them.....they arrive soon......they recon they are MATCHED AND RATE IN AT ABOUT 1.2- 1.5 V per cell......does OEM make good cells?

Firstly, they can't be more than 1.2volt per cell. Rechargable cells are anywhere between 1.15 and 1.2v. 1.5 would be awesome, that would increase overal voltage to almost 9v! Our cars would lift off the ground if they had wings!....

Aaaanyway, OEM is not a brand specifically. It means Original Equipment Manufacturer. So all it means in that ad, is that the cells are made by a battery company, that's all. That info in the ad doesn't really help you, me or anyone. Be happy you didn't pay top $ for them. I think that eBay shop has a warranty or satisfaction guarantee, so you can return them if not happy.

When I get my new cells, I'll prolly go with Tamiya (Sanyo), Sanyo, or GP (Golden Peak Industries). Planet Hobbies and MRC seem to be the better online eBay shops - they stock well known and reputed brands.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Dunno if I'd call them "OEM"... ie OE for what exactly?
Not like you're buying spareparts for your Folden Falcodore, where its an equivalentpart that fits vs the same part with the bigger pricetag and fancy packaging.

A no-name battery is exactly that; very unlikely that nameless company makes the same cells for Sanyo/GP etc.

Best way I've heard to call them is per DansData.com... he calls 'em "yumcha". Dunno why exactly but it kinda fits...

http://www.dansdata.com/danletters040.htm

·
Registered
307 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts