Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Been a lurker for a while after getting my 5SC SS kit about 1 month ago. This forum has been awesome for tips n tricks, so a big thank u to all the posters.

I've recently upgraded the stock 26s to a Zen 290RC and have fitted a VRC Big Bore side pipe. However it seems to rub/touch against e plastic side rail along with a post on my Team Chase cage. Do others with this setup have e same issue or have I installed it incorrectly? The bracket from e pipe to e chassis came in e pack supplied by Powerslide Racing (btw- awesome shop with great service, product range n prices for a local Aus store!)

One other thing, with e 290rc I know that u can file down e original bottom alloy spacer btw e engine n chassis to make it fit or swap e zen clutch cover for e stock CY one. However I'm wanting to sell e CY as is n dont want to change it nor file down e stock alloy spacer. I've used 3 2mm plastic spacers left over fr e kit as a makeshift spacer for now. Fit is tight n snug, but do u think dis will hold up wen bashing etc?

Thanks for everything!

·
Registered
152 Posts
It would be a good idea not to use the plastic spacer in that position. It will cause alignment issues.

Get hold of the left side spacer that is used for the engine mount. It comes as a engine spacer set.

http://www.rcbuggies.com.au/spacer-fuelie-engine-p-896.html

The small spacer out of the two is the one that will fit the zenoah clutch housing without having to modify it.

With the big bore pipe, you will need to put the mount on top of the chassis and space it up 8-10 mm. I do this with my 5T.

cheers:thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts