Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the AM radio gear in the pictures have been ditched in favaor of a FM sanwa mx-3

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Novak BL wrecked a brand new set of TA04 low-friction belts & new pulleys for me; how's them surviving in the above?

Imho BL has some unique characteristics which I think causes the problem. Its got a lot torque, like a stock motor - but stockers don't have as much power. Mod motors have the high revs but not the high torque. BL's combination of torque + revs is unique... and could hear it belt-skipping on the straight.

Works great in a shaft car though!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no dramas yet with the belt as the belt tensioner gets abit of a work out. the foamies in the pics are no more as the brushless has a nasty tendancy of twisting the centres out of the rim

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
jiggen5354 said:
...the foamies in the pics are no more as the brushless has a nasty tendancy of twisting the centres out of the rim

And I can see why!!
Those wheels must have been drawn by someone who designs wheels for HORSE CARTS!! hahaha.

Wagon wheels have only straight spokes - good only for bearing weight (horse cart, pram), totally useless for transmitting torque from the axle (that's the job for the horse, or Mum).

On any decent 1:1 wire-spoke wheel (eg Dayton), you'll never find straight-out spokes like that. Every spoke is angled from hub to rim, to cope with torque & lateral forces. Put enough wires (eg 96-144 spokes) on it and it'll survive in a Big Healey or V12 E-Type.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I was just looking at a very similar car to this at LHS, belonged to the
guy working there, he reckons it owes him around $1500 and its not
finished yet

man it was nice!!!

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
azenis said:
....he reckons it owes him around $1500 and its not
finished yet man it was nice!!!

Well, if one started off with a 414M or M2 @ Oz LHS RRPs
and raided the Tamiya Options bin for the SSG top & bottom plates, SSG shock towers,Titan screws, Ti axles, lightweight CVDs for the rear, new set of TRF fluorine shocks... that'll beit.

Still looks like a TA04 from 10 paces away, but!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts