Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will list the names and pictures as individual comments

First off is - PENFIELD MODEL ENGINEERS SOCIETY

There is large boat pond and Large dirt oval track for 1/5 scales buggies or smaller.
There is also large scale steam trains and locomotives for with a large track that kids can ride on.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Dont have pics on hand but there is also Mitchell park which is for 1/10th offroad, Parks recreation centre which is 1/10th onroad, and morphetvale has a 1/8th offroad track

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
I didnt know about Penfield, too far for me to drive.

HH is pretty decent to use, but thre shop is expensive.

Bonython park I didnt realise was still around, I took my hover craft there are few times as a kid to use and havnt been there since!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hobby Habit is pretty dear with some things , I got to know quite a few of the guy's there so it was good getting things at a discount haha
Their tracks are decent though!

Bonython Park is still operating but it had been empty for quite a long time due to the crack in the bottom of it, Recently when i was looking at some of the pictures from the groups that run there i noticed they have re lined the pond and re filled it.
They were going to turn it into a Children's fun park with a little island thing in the middle with bridges going to it for the kids..
But then a heap of the model boaters rocked up and the council changed their minds :D and are keeping it as the pond!

- http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/adela...estern-parklands/story-e6frea6u-1226118793027

I didnt know about Penfield, too far for me to drive.

HH is pretty decent to use, but thre shop is expensive.

Bonython park I didnt realise was still around, I took my hover craft there are few times as a kid to use and havnt been there since!

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Dont have pics on hand but there is also Mitchell park which is for 1/10th offroad, Parks recreation centre which is 1/10th onroad, and morphetvale has a 1/8th offroad track
I can't seem to find any of these. Got any road/street names? (ok the Parks is a nice tarmac rc track....if only I had an on-road car ;))

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Bradley Grove in Mitchell Park
Is that in Mitchell Park Reserve or at the Sturt Rd end?.....I can't see anything that resembles a track from satellite pictures.

While I'm here I guess I can mention that the old West Lakes BMX track is still usable (where Old Port Rd meets Bower Rd)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
On google maps
its hiding in the bushes!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
theres a pond with no reeds in this park now. Haven't been there but looks good for boats
On google maps!

Cheers

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
There's nowhere to run boats in Adelaide! lol

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Try Venice I hear its very boat friendly!

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
I wonder if you'd be allowed to chase the popeye around in the Torrens in the city?

I have seen RC boats in West lakes also.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
You need to watch out for the dumped stolen cars in the torrens!

·
Registered
35 Posts
there is also a pond at Unity Park on South Terrace in pooraka.

Dunno if you can run boats on it. Cant see why not tho. i dont see anyone using it for anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Place to use r/c boats ALDINGA SA

Hi all

We have a pond near the local shopping mall

A pond is across the road & is a nice size for boats & away from houses so noise not much of a problem if using nitro

Anybody can contact me if need help to find

REPTILEMONITORS

1 - 20 of 20 Posts