Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ppl, found this site while trying to look for an answer about "Which radio frequency is legal to use here", what do u know, there was one right here in this thread

But I have another question, I just bought a Team Assocaited Nitro TC3 on ebay from US, with glow starter, tools, after run oil..2 speed for a sweet $360AUD (inc shipping)

I want to upgrade the radio to a synthesized FM model, I'm currently looking at the JR XS3, which version should I get? The 27MHz or the 40MHz? I can get the 27 on ebay and the 40 here locally, WHAT is the difference between the 2? Performance wise? are the 40MHz better than the 27MHz,do they provide better receptions... etc?

How about the 29MHz models? CanI get the XS3 in this version?andagain, is the 29MHz better because it is the "standard"?

Thanx a bunch

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
i got an XS3 in 40 meg. 40 i said to have less interferance than 27. The 40 meg model also has more frequencies to choose from

So i would go for 40meg

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
In terms of pure frequency issues... there'll be no noticeable difference in performance between 27, 29 or 40.

FM or AM both use the same frequencies & neither makes no difference unless there's 10 other radios working next to you - but still doesn't guarantee freedom from glitching.

But in terms of usability... check how many freqs you have available - isn't that the main point of synthesising?

27meg band only has 6 official freqs, 12 if you use 'splits'.

40meg only has about 3 official freqs designated for land/surface use according to the regulations.

29meg is very rare outside of Oz, but at least there's about a dozen channels available for land. And nearly 30 if you count the 'air' ones too.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
my 40 megXS3 has 12 channels to choose from, all are legal in AUS

I was told the 27 meg version only has 6 to choose from! Not sure what splits are though. Edited by: husky

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
oops
ive updated the post. Basically for the XS3 40 meg has 12 channels to use and 27 meg has only 6.

·
Registered
561 Posts
The later version of the XS3 has more than 6 frequencys to choose from.
The older 6 model memory model only had 6 27 meg channels(one dial
switch on the rx ) to choose from. Its frequency designations can
be found in the JR XS 3 manual which can be downloaded from Horizon
Hobbies.

Im looking for the frequency designations for the newer 27 meg (two
dial switches on rx ) model but I cant find it yet BUT if I do I will
let you know .

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
i chose 40 cos it had more channels to choose from, but it really doesnt matter cos even six is plenty. Ive never had a clash with 40 meg cos everyone runs either 27 or 29. 40 is not as popular yet so its another bonus.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
There is one big caveat re 27meg "Splits" though.

If you have someone else using old-style not-narrowband gear, it is likely to have insufficient frequency differentiation and will cause interference to the 2 split freqs at either side.

Same with 29meg channels that are not divisible by 4 eg ch 14, 18, 22 etc. They are also splits.

re 40meg... majority of those "legal" freqs are legal for use with aircraft only. There's only a rare few freqs for surface/land uselegally, if that kind of worries keeps you awake at nights.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hummmm... I might get the 27MHz, depends on the price. I'll check both of them out. Thanx guys for all the input

Anyone know any good hobby shops that sells gears real cheap?Edited by: NTC3

·
Registered
561 Posts
Here are the frequenys for the 6 model memory version

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
6 from 27meg ain't much as you're competing with all the Tandy toys etc... but last few yrs maybe ppl don't play toy RC anymore haha. Its not much of a problem so much so that we're using 27 at track again.

29 is bit overcrowded on a race day.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
i ordered mine from rcsquare in hong kong. Less than half the price the LHS wanted. Im sure they would have the "newer version" for ya
Does anyone have a pic of the newer ones?

·
Registered
561 Posts
The newversion says on the controller " JR Propo 10 model memory
" where as the older version says " JR Racing 6 model memory "

The newer version allows you to select up to 12 27 meg frequencies, from what I can figure out anyway .

Apart from the writing on the controller they look the exact same.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
hmmmm. mine is the newer version then
. I guess now it it just a chouce of 27 or 40 meg since they both have the same no of channels to choose from. If you are worried about legal 40 meg frequencies get the 27 meg version.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great, so its settled, i'll look for the "newer" 27MHz model
rcsquare dosent have the 27MHz version anymore, only the 40MHz one, I'll have to email them and ask, how much did you pay for shipping btw husky?

Also, can I use digital servos like the Hightech 5952MG with the RS300 receiver? I'll probably use 2 of them for throttle and steering?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts