spent about 1000 us there..

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ask X he just got his pro the other day

·
Registered
793 Posts
145 without shipping, turned out to be about $163 to my door (those are us prices) i bought it off engine_nut on ebay, he is said to be a great sellerEdited by: Will

·
Registered
477 Posts
is that second hand?? as there 179 us each...
i paid about 320 au for mine including shipping...it got caught in customs.. so i had to pay 10 percent on top of the engine an dshipping

but looks like a nice engine.. haven started it yet

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
you should only have to pay the 10% tax if it totals over $500AU. They generally go for around $180US on ebay but $162 for the pro is a steal, wouldn't mine one of these! for savy no 2(hopefully
)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Good buy Will

I see that e-bay user had a few off them and they all went for abouth that priceEdited by: azalin_au

·
Registered
477 Posts
husky said:
you should only have to pay the 10% tax if it totals over $500AU. They generally go for around $180US on ebay but $162 for the pro is a steal, wouldn't mine one of these! for savy no 2(hopefully
)

yeh i spent $510 in total....coz i got 2 batteries for my friends txt.. a reciever pack for my ca ralso.. hmm i wont spend that much again then.. ill keep it under 400 au next time

thanks for the tip husky!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im thinking about gettinga pro for my next engine, but i have read somewhere that there hard on the transmission.Im not to sure of the details, haveyou heard any thing about that ?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
The XTM is very simla priced to the ofna 0.26 picco (AKA P3 Monster).

Is the XTM a better motor?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
From what ive read it similar in power to the pico 26 / wasp 26. Alot of people rate it and apparently its easy to tune.

I thinks its rated at 2.75 hp31000 rpm ( XTM .247 pro )

Also i think the roto start bolts right on without any mods.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
If the choice is between and XTM or picco, definatly go with the XTM. Ive had too many bad experiances with picco/wasp.

Herb - The roto bolts onto the picco w/o mods as well, you just need a $1 1/10 wheel hex, thats hardly a mod

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Idontknow alot about the picco / wasp enginesso i wasnt sure about the roto start with those engines.

Husky do you know or have you heard about any problems with the transmission on a savage when you runwith aXTM pro ?

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
The only probs you would have would be associated with too much power. But people are running RB 28's and twin wasps w/o tranny probs. The prob most people have with the tranny is the pin in the 2nd speed gear. It either wears away and them the truck wont hit second, or the cam wears into the plastic and the truck is stuck in second. This can happen with any motor, it happened with my wasp and last weekend it happened to Skidd's S-25. It can be fixed by putting a second pin in the 2nd speed gear. There is an excellent article on savage central thet explains every step. Its a worthwhile mod to do anyway it only took us 20 mins to do while bashing(excluding put together)
. Other than this the tranny is faultless. I even have HPI's light weight steel tranny gears in mine with no probs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.