1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay all

New here :cool:

Just got a new HSP Bazooka with 2.4ghz system

When i turn off the remote with the car still on the breaks are being applied.
is this a built in fail safe coz I've checked the wiring and it goes from the receiver to the servo, nothing between

Do i still need to install one

Also have i got a buggy or a truggy ??
Thanks

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yeah it probably is & depending on the control, you may be able to set what happens but its not really a fail safe.
I have a Sanwa MT-4 & it has the same function where I can set how much the brakes are applied & can set steering as well so car would turn & go in a circle, can have brakes lock up or just come on enough to slow & stop the car. They only work if the car & control loose connection though, like if the car gets out of range, but if the battery in the car goes flat then there won't be any power to work the servo & apply the brakes.
Best thing on a nitro buggy is to use a throttle return spring on the carb, or even a good rubber band, I use the thick red rubber bands from the post office but the nitro fuel & oil will make them degrade over a short amount of time so they need to be replaced on a regular basis, probably each couple of weeks to be safe, they are strong enough to return the carb to idle when there is no power to the servo & have worked well so far, a good carb return spring is probably better though or if you can find a good silicon rubber band thats not effected by fuel then they work well to, I just haven't found one yet though, I have read that some people use hair bands to, not sure how they go with nitro fuel or if they are silicon rubber though.

Also, the Bazooka is a buggy, smaller wheels & shorter arms than a truggy, chassis on a truggy is slightly longer as well in most cases but I don't know anything about the HSP cars, just looked for it on the net & seen it was a buggy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts