Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK folks we have had a few prompts in a few threads... time to step up.

Are we ready for a bash this coming weekend? If so, where do we want to go?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Well, im up for anything... knox is always good... and id like to try kilsyth again.

If my parts come in i dunno if my truck will be in one peice, so i will have to see.

Hey andrew, hows the extended chassis going? i bumped into Robs this week and he said yours had finally arrived

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

i like the sound of south morang, but im going for my bike p's this sun

</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tOiletduck said:
Well, im up for anything... knox is always good... and id like to try kilsyth again.

If my parts come in i dunno if my truck will be in one peice, so i will have to see.

Hey andrew, hows the extended chassis going? i bumped into Robs this week and he said yours had finally arrived

LOL... you bumped into Robs?? Small world ain't it? Yeah the extended chassis looks great. Until I pulled the savvy apart I didn't realise I'd bent my old TVP's and as you seen I also severely disfigured my titanium roll bar.

After getting most of the car back together I thought I'd finally have a go at fitting the reverse module. I drag out the instructions and start reading... then I realise that I would have to pull the transmission apart to install it. DOH!! I'd only just put the bloody thing back together and fitted it into the truck.

I'm under the pump at the moment as the missus says she needs the dining room table clear for Thursday lunch... bothersome women!

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
husky said:
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on"><T>
<T>
<TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

i like the sound of south morang, but im going for my bike p's this sun</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

What time is your appointment bloke?? Actually wait... now that I think about it, and knowing you... I'm guessing 2 PM.

I'd rather be trying to arrange a date when we are all fairly sure that we can get there... if tOiletduck is waiting for parts and husky has another appointment maybe we'd be better moving it back to 14 Aug?

We can always just 'turn up' at Knox without arranging a bash session... but if we are going to organise a date then let's get one where most of us can attend. Be good to try and fit in with Morphy too.... You reading this bloke??

·
Registered
32 Posts
i might be in for the 14 Aug, will have 1 savvy on the road & it all depends on the hobbyman if my parts come in if i will have savvy 2 on the road

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
malidfa said:
i might be in for the 14 Aug, will have 1 savvy on the road & it all depends on the hobbyman if my parts come in if i will have savvy 2 on the road

LOL... Mmmm waiting for parts from Hobbyman, gee that sounds familiar. Just ask foolsp33d how long he has been waiting for control arms. I don't suppose it's their fault, probably the fault of DSI (the Australian distributor) but that doesn't help you.

I'd be giving MRC a call, I'm sure he will be cheaper and probably have what you want in stock anyway.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Skidd said:
tOiletduck said:

LOL... you bumped into Robs?? Small world ain't it? Yeah the extended chassis looks great. Until I pulled the savvy apart I didn't realise I'd bent my old TVP's and as you seen I also severely disfigured my titanium roll bar.

After getting most of the car back together I thought I'd finally have a go at fitting the reverse module. I drag out the instructions and start reading... then I realise that I would have to pull the transmission apart to install it. DOH!! I'd only just put the bloody thing back together and fitted it into the truck.

I'm under the pump at the moment as the missus says she needs the dining room table clear for Thursday lunch... bothersome women!

Your allowed to play monster trucks on the dinning table?? I'd get shot...

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off"></TD></TR>
<TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="on">
<BLOCKQUOTE id=80e227ee>
Skidd said:
What time is your appointment bloke?? Actually wait... now that I think about it, and knowing you... I'm guessing 2 PM.

Actually I not too happy, gotta be there by eight in the morn!!!!!. Ill be at the Kilsyth HART driver trainoing centre, it finishes at 4, so if theres anyone bashing at kilsyth BMX ill come down,
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Morphy said:
Your allowed to play monster trucks on the dinning table?? I'd get shot...

LOL... I didn't say she was 'happy'... The thing is back to kit form... not that it ever came that way.

I'm hoping I can get it finished tonight and get her off my back.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Morphy... you must have missed this line in my post above...

Skidd said:
We can always just 'turn up' at Knox without arranging a bash session... but if we are going to organise a date then let's get one where most of us can attend. Be good to try and fit in with Morphy too.... You reading this bloke??

When are you looking free to come an play??

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
husky said:
Actually I not too happy, gotta be there by eight in the morn!!!!!. Ill be at the Kilsyth HART driver trainoing centre, it finishes at 4, so if theres anyone bashing at kilsyth BMX ill come down,

LOL... Kilsyth HART... geezzzee mate, even I could walk to the BMX track from there. That's saying how close it is.

What time to they say you'll be done? We may even all be able to come and laugh at you.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">Ill be done at 4, could be good for a laugh
</TD></TR>
<TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="on">

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Skidd said:
Morphy... you must have missed this line in my post above...

Skidd said:

When are you looking free to come an play??

Sorry bloke, yeah missed it completly. I can maybe come this sat, depends how I feel. I've been sick for about 3 months now, but its getting worse. All I can say is codeine is a wonderfull drug. Sunday is out, she already booked me up...

Next sunday would work, I think thats the 15th? If theres something going on then that would suit me...

I'm not too fussed where to go, its all the same to me, and theCommodore SS could do with a drive...Edited by: Morphy

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK then, I've changed the date in the topic... the 15th it is.

Next question... where to?

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
not fussed where we go!

Question: how come only mods can change the title of a topic? On other forums members can change them as well?????

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
husky said:
not fussed where we go!

Question: how come only mods can change the title of a topic? On other forums members can change them as well?????

On the two other forums I moderate on, members cannot change the topic titles once it has been created. On other forums that I am a member of I know of a few that allow you to title your individual 'post', but that doesn't change the title of the topic. I'm pretty sure that SC is like that. I know on some forums the topic creator can change the title but no other members can. Truthfully, it just varies with the software being used.

Generally speaking, from an information organisation point of view, you don't want members changing the thread title all the time. As some members will not use a title that helps people find things. You know those threads with a title like... "Who can answer this question?" You have to read it to know what it's all about, the more descriptive the title is of the content the better. Better for new members and better to enable searching for specific answers.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I think topic starters - eg in this case skidd - can change the topic name...

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Morphy said:
I'm not too fussed where to go, its all the same to me, and theCommodore SS could do with a drive...

LOL... you shouldn't say that, I was thinking that Warragul would be good.

It would be really nice to find somewhere near the CBD where we all have a bit of travel... also something like that Geelong BMX area would be good. Open spaces with mounds of dirt.

I guess that we'll have to keep looking.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.