Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if u order with tower hobbies do u have to pick your order up from the post office or is it delivered 2 your house

do u think i will have any trouble using airmail and getting sent a hpi savge 25 and a kyosho mad force???

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
nellyneil said:
if u order with tower hobbies do u have to pick your order up from the post office or is it delivered 2 your house

It depends on how big the parcel is, and what form of transport your postie uses. If he's a biker or pushbiker, he'll probably leave it at the postoffice and drop you a postcard in your letterbox.

Also home addresses can be slower than business addresses. Its usually quicker to get things addressed to 'work'; especially when my office was right next door to the postoffice.

Be nice to your postie!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so u think i will have any trounle getting sent a savage 25 and a mad force together from tower through airmail?????

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
nellyneil,

If the Tower Web Site says they will ship it, then you won't have any dramas.... but.... anything that you bring into the country in a single order over $1000 Australian makes the customs thing worse. You move from the territory of informal customs clearances, to formal clearances. What does that mean - more fees.

Typically, for an informal clearance, for personal use, you will only get hit GST on goods plus freight. If they make you formally clear the goods, you will get hit another 5% on the goods (duty) and a processing fee of about $65 from memory. It is also a pain in the bum to fill out all of the paper work. Also, it will not automatically go to the post office. Customs will hold the goods until cleared, then they will forward to the post office, or you can collect.

The reality check is this - what will it cost you to send the 2 together? What does each one cost individually? If you order on 2 invoices, you will get 2 x discounts.

My gut feel is that the difference in cost to send it as 2 orders, when you take the discounts into account, will be nothing. You with then save a lot of grief at Aussie Customs.

My 2 bits worth.

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i will order em sepratly then save alot off hassle

also have u eva had a order of 1000$$$ and what happened

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
I have never had an order of $1000 plus in RC equipment, but have had in other stuff (data cables and connectors).

It all got to hard and I paid an agent to do it for me. Cost me an arm and a leg. I have been fairly careful from that point onwards.

Regards,

AUSRC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts