Australian RC Forums banner

New to crawling, with Venom creeper

11K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Tappet Head 
#1 ·
Hello LAds, got myself a venom Creeper, just got the base kit and diff lockout setup, I wanting to look into brushless setup for it, so any info on which way to head would be nice, and some sweet set up tips.

Cheers Tappet

#5 ·
With the sensored brushless i have found that it is smother & has a wider speed range which comes in handy at times. It also has more power than a brushed motor & no maintanence. During crawling i get around 1hr run time per 1000Ma. So with a 5000 Mah pack that i run i get around 5hrs straight crawling.

#6 ·
Wow 5 hrs, what servos for the Steering should I put on it? grunt wise? I have got the remote diff locker kit for it, and a few other bits like the CkRCS suspension kit, being new to the scene and not knowing what to use and read good reviews about it, I grabbed it. I'm going to mod the diff lockers, ie, fit the servos down low, but still need to build it and see what she looks like first and how it all works. I am alos looking at changing it to behind the axel steering to protect it all a tad more, and may even make it 4x4x4. I'm keen for a Dig kit on it one day, but will get some steel diff cases first as I reckon a fair bit of load will be on em.

First step is to build it and get the bits, then see how she goes and learn what does what and how they affect handling. Then look at reliability and go from there.

#7 ·
I got a Hyperion DS20-FMD a while back, brilliant servo for the money (about $52 now), I kinda have a review of it down in the servo section of this forum.

#12 ·
Hey....grates on the crawler man, I"m running all Venom in my Losi.
18.5t brushless motor/120amp Speedy...fan cooled/with two 2p2s 4200mah 7.2v lipo"s.(saddle)all up cost me $400.
It"s going well.......

Scott

#17 ·
How is the Creeper for "out of the box" crawling? tossing up the idea for a second crawler and can't decide on another AX10 build, the Losi Comp Crawler or a Creeper, for some reson i see Venom and think poor quality, but the price point is very appelling comparied to the other two.

#19 ·
Yeah i'm keen on the worm drive pretty much eliminates a need for drag brakes.

I have just taken the plunge and i ordered a TCS Eclipse so it gives me the option to use the original TVP's from the AX10 to build into a second crawler.

Know anyone interested in a very slightly used Proline Tuber :D

#20 ·
Worm drives are excellent on a crawler - the thing will stand vertical all day and can't roll back, however, they are bloody slow, and you'll be hard pressed to get any decent speed outta them. I know crawling isn't about going 100mph, but be prepared for much slowed worm geared trucks are!

A sensored brushless system like a Goat is pretty decent for crawling...

#21 ·
Yeh down low speed is great Markg......but it still gets along at a good speed at top end, there is a difference...it not a lot. I run a 14t pinion and its a good allrounder...Losi recomend 12t which would be a bit to slow i feel.

Scott

#22 ·
hey guys,

any resultant on the venom creeper.

I was going to suggest one to my mate as a very budget entry into crawling.

Is it any good?

#23 ·
My creeper set me back 400 ready to climb with brushlees setup and a 3000mha lipo, CKRC stage 2 kit. I had the rest lying around. the biggest mod I would do would simply be to modify the tire foams, the rest of the CKRC kit has worked well so far, but the biggest difference came from the tire foam mods. I get alot of hang ups at the front of the crawler so I gotta tackle terraind with that in mind. So far I aint broke nothen, had some wild noises when really loaded and a few screws work loose, but got onto em early and no dramas. So far i'm stoked with my crawler, but i did find out that they dont like sand dunes, they bog down fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.