Australian RC Forums banner

My Micro-T and Mini-Z Track

4K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Grimfandango 
#1 ·
Spent the last couple of days makeing the track borders, It's a little tight for the Micro-T and I'm yet to get the Mini-Z yet, So theres still a little room for improvement, A bigger area would help

What you think?.

See less See more
#2 ·
Grimfandango i'm coming at your place next saturday night for some racing and a few bourbons....

#5 ·
I've been messing around with the track design, I want to start off with something a little more simple before going into a technical track so I can get used to the car handeling and such, Just need to place a couple of mini jumps for the Micro-T.

Sonic what Mini-Z do you have? post up some pics would love to see, I ordered a MR-02 Ferrari 360, Hopeing to get it by the end of next week.

#7 ·
agressive1 said:
Hows the micro T going, any problems with it?.

No problems with the Micro-T, Used up the batterys that came with the charger and after putting in 2400 Venom AA's intothe chargerthe car had a little extra punch and proberly lastedmaybe two minutes longer than before, Thats the main hassle just as you get into a racing groove the batterys die
, But with only a 20 minute charge it's not long before I'm back into it.

I've ordered some hop-ups, Alloy shock towers and alloy shocks a new body and a set of threded wheel shafts there were no bearings in stock so they will have to wait also gota lead to plug the battery into my Chargetronic so charge times and run time should get better.

#9 ·
Michael said:
Looks pretty sweet, how's the carpet go with the wheels and stuff though, do any fibers get caught?

I haven't gottenanything caught up in the axles, From the photo there are some fibres on the carpet but it's fairly flat and firm carpet, My mates Micro-T gets alot of fibres wrapped up in his axles but thats due to he's got a cat indoors but after every couple of runs he just uses some tweezers to pull out anything thats got tangled up.

#11 ·
Michael said:
Nice bumper cover

I've been wanting something like an Xmod or Mini-Z and i've only had one person say they have one in my price range for second hand.

I scoured the net looking for Mini-Z's, Really hard to find cheap, Even if ordered from the states by the time postage is taken into account there still around the $200 mark.Edited by: Grimfandango

#12 ·
$200 ??? Damn thats pricey !!!! I bought my one 2 years ago for $50....

Here are the pics of the MiniZ

This one is my display Dodge Viper

#13 ·
Nice Mini-Z Sonic
, Yeah $200 is a little steep even MR-01's are $200 the AWD's go as high as $260, I sold one of my Tamiya cars including radio gear for $200 so those funds went to the MR-02 Mini-Z.

#14 ·
Grimfandango said:
I've been messing around with the track design, I want to start off with something a little more simple before going into a technical track so I can get used to the car handeling and such, Just need to place a couple of mini jumps for the Micro-T.

i'd recommend you include some of the tiled section of the floor into part of the track. and use the jumps/tabletop to make the track into a figure of 8, so i get to do left and right turns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.