Australian RC Forums banner

FG Formula 1 race tracks

18K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  tiny 
#1 ·
Are there race tracks in AUS where you can run these ?

#10 ·
do you know where I could get in touch with this group of guys? I may considering getting one if their local and regular meet ups.

#6 ·
Yeah it's done up well that place.. use to hammer the mx bike in the bush around there alot.

Maybe if there was more interest in onroad large scale here,you could approach a track like that and do some sort of deal. Maybe even have a offroad large scale track next door..

#13 ·
oh thanks for pointing that out, good thing I wasnt holding my breath!

#15 ·
there's a couple of go kart tracks in my area, im sure someone could start a class here if they wanted to, even charge for using the track, might be a way to make some money.

#18 ·
Think about the problem of seeing your RC around the track.

Usually go-kart tracks would have walls/tyre walls etc around certain parts, and any buildings etc on the track would get in the way - also there is the big problem of no driving stand...

#17 ·
same here mate, small stuff there's heaps but not large scale.

#19 ·
i think those are easily fixed problems though, drivers stand can be constructed quite easily, tyre walls etc can take a bit of work to get down depending on how constracted but hard part getting the track built is already done

#22 ·
Hey Duddy I think you’ll find most Go kart tracks have some form of racing on every weekend or they hire out the track for privet practice. That’s how they make their money
It’s very hard to start up a new class, firstly you need the dedicated people that are committed enough to make it happen. Your right F1 would be awesome to watch but with out a lot of hard work, time and money being spent on getting enough people to create the demand it will never happen. A bit like the chicken and the egg. That is you can’t have one without having the other. Without the demand for that class you’ll never get people interested. And without people interested in it you’ll never get the demand for the class. I know all about starting a new class and how much time and hard work it tock not to mention the amount of my own money I spent. I did have a lot of help but it wasn’t easy
:thumb::typing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.