ND’s Raptor 50
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    R/C God

The Titan came in today @ lunchtime. I almost ran there.

All JR radio gear (x2610 pcm tx) and servos.

I am like an impatient kid in a candy store. LHS guy is a good friend of mine, so as soon as i came in, we ripped it open and started assembling. Have just arrived home with the main frame and head built and put together, with skids etc. My camera is dead - so i will have to wait til the wife gets home tonight and use her camera phone.

Photos to follow shortly.Edited by: nitro-drifter
    A wallet stopping Baja SS | Raptor 50 Titan | Brushless Helis | RB powered Stage D drifter

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C God

Congrats on the new addition to the family, mate.

I expect the proud dad will be handing out cigars next time we meet?

Cheers,

Steve
    Thunder Tiger Sport 40L, HobbyKing (VQ Models) Kenmore Beaver, HobbyKing (Lanyu) Corsair, HobbyKing Bixler, HobbyKing Sonic 64 EDF Flying Wing, Parkzone Visionaire, Hangar 9 Funtana 125 with DLE 20 gas engine...all powered by Spektrum DX8

R/C God

haha that sounds like me..

I get my RC packages delivered to my office - and I try and be inconspicuos when I rip the wrapping off, and then I end up f*cking around with them in some way or another!

RETIRED

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

What are you doing typing? Get back to the assembly. Im impatient when it comes to new kits, I wont stop for anything(except maybe to open a new can) when im building a new kit. What engine you throwing in her? Electronics? Blades? Hell pics are nice too!
    mmmmmm........ chopper
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R/C God

All will be revealed soon. When the missus gets in, will produce some pics - anyway, first time i have come up for a breath in a while.

Std TT50 engine all in now + muffler. Starting to look likw a heli!!!

Back to the sweat shop.......
    A wallet stopping Baja SS | Raptor 50 Titan | Brushless Helis | RB powered Stage D drifter

Mine's smaller than yours AUSRC's Avatar
    Excellent news mate.... welcome aboard.

Land:
    Losi 5ive-T | DX3S and a PICO SWITCH!!
    Traxxas MERV (x2) | Small but powerful... like my imagination

Air:
    Trex 500 BeastX FBL, Trex 500, Blade mCP X, JR 9x with XPS 2.4ghz | When my heli grows up it wants to be an MA SpectraG

Free Plug:
    Need a Cabinet Maker? |

Awesome!! nothing nicer than a new heli ......well almost ..
    QLD's Gold Coast.

MA Spectra G's ;Stratus's ; Extreme, E Razor , N Razor, Fury 55 ;Furion 6; Electric , Nitro & Gasser Whiplash's; ,Aeolus 50 3D ; TSA 600N ; TSA 700N; BeastX FBL electronics... XPS 2.4 GhZ radio........ lots of ignored planks

R/C Novice

wheres the pix? i love the raptor..
    Smartech Titan 1/5
    Kyosho Inferno 1/8
    Losi or not to Losi.. dat is not a question its a damn given right! LoL

R/C Apprentice

You should also remember, if you are unsure of anything, post it here. Hopefully we can all help you get in the air.

glenni
    Tempest FAI/YS91/Funtech/Futaba
    Tempest 3d/YS91/Hatori/Futaba
    E-Razor/Futaba/Hacker/Kontronics
    www.rcheliworld.com.au

R/C God

Thanks for the offer. I would be grateful as i progress. At the moment - I have gone for everything completely stock. I will slowly upgrade as i need to. Just gotta get it all together so i can go to the local club and get started properly.

Terrible image - but progress so far. Had to settle for the phone camera image, as i could have sorted my camera situation out - but that would have left me without a Raptor for another month or so.

Not a hard choice for me. Besides, i know other people with cameras...

Back to the creation.

R/C Novice

Nice ! turned the kitchen into a work bench have you ?
    Smartech Titan 1/5
    Kyosho Inferno 1/8

yea lol i tried that, stained the kitchen sink lol! lets just say my mum wasnt happy and now i have my own workshop.

R/C Novice

Quote Originally Posted by koolkidd
    yea lol i tried that, stained the kitchen sink lol! lets just say my mum wasnt happy and now i have my own workshop.

Yer hearing you there , misses kicked me out of the loungeroom one day cause it was like 40 odd degrees and hot as.. i didn't spill anything but gee i made some mess. what can i say we are dedicated r/cers..
    Smartech Titan 1/5
    Kyosho Inferno 1/8

Quote Originally Posted by nitro-drifter

Thanks for the offer. I would be grateful as i progress. At the moment - I have gone for everything completely stock. I will slowly upgrade as i need to. Just gotta get it all together so i can go to the local club and get started properly.

I'd strongly suggest you sell the std 539 servos , if thats what your radio came with ; they have crashed more helis than I want to know about! they just cant handle the vibrations inherent in a heli ,, Futaba 9252's or Hitec 59xx or 69xx series would be my recommendation ., Hitec 425's are ok if $$ are stretched ( isnt that all the time !) .... and replace the fuel tubing thats inside the two tanks , its rubbish ; will soften and cause motor to lean out in no time at all ..

That enough to start with!!!
    QLD's Gold Coast.

MA Spectra G's ;Stratus's ; Extreme, E Razor , N Razor, Fury 55 ;Furion 6; Electric , Nitro & Gasser Whiplash's; ,Aeolus 50 3D ; TSA 600N ; TSA 700N; BeastX FBL electronics... XPS 2.4 GhZ radio........ lots of ignored planks

sweet,
    not fair yours is bigger than mine.
    i wonder which one of us will fly into the ground upside down first ????

R/C God

not fair yours is bigger than mine

All right fellas, how do you think I feel with my itty bitty DF4#1?

ND - Get much sleep last night, mate?.................and how is the mystery illness - think you'll head back to work today?

Cheers,

Steve

Thunder Tiger Sport 40L, HobbyKing (VQ Models) Kenmore Beaver, HobbyKing (Lanyu) Corsair, HobbyKing Bixler, HobbyKing Sonic 64 EDF Flying Wing, Parkzone Visionaire, Hangar 9 Funtana 125 with DLE 20 gas engine...all powered by Spektrum DX8

R/C God

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1957

All right fellas, how do you think I feel with my itty bitty DF4#1?

Steve - very short, fast movements....

Yes - i got heaps of sleep. Finally hit bed at about 3.15am. However, have all the servos, radio gear etc done. Need to clean up the canopy, put it all together and i am pretty much done.

Pulled apart the TX last night, to swap it all over to Mode 2. Was prob too tired and stretched the throttle return spring. Throttle is too loose now. Will destroy one of my old tx's to salvage a new spring.

Also - my gyro lead isn't long enough. Need to work out an extension.

Q.JR gyro - i have a heading lock gyro, but it is a povo one. Will the setup still work with the gyro only inputting into the rudder channel? (ie - has no connection for 'gear', only from tail servo to gyro, and gyro to rx [which is too short!]).

I assume this will work - as the heli has 'everything needed to get off the ground'. Just wondering what this will effect.

I will start on all the balancing and mixing tonight, once i get the TX sorted. Will try and borrow a camera so i can get some decent shots for this thread too.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro-drifter

Q.JR gyro - i have a heading lock gyro, but it is a povo one. Will the setup still work with the gyro only inputting into the rudder channel? (ie - has no connection for 'gear', only from tail servo to gyro, and gyro to rx [which is too short!]).
    as far as i know, if the gyro has only one lead to the receiver then its settings are set on the gyro and should work fine. i believe the gyros with the two inputs allow the settings to be done via the transmitter.

R/C God

Another question.

FUEL & Break in

The manufacturers recommendation is 6 tanks of fuel on idle. Any thoughts on whether this appropriate?

Also - what is the best fuel to use? I want to use 30%. Any preferred glow plugs? I read somewhere it is good to use a hotter plug? Not sure how reliable that was though. I use the coldest plugs possible on my land RC - but am a noob with helis, so i might as well ask.Edited by: nitro-drifter

I know that my Rappy break-in was about 6 tanks of gentle hover.
    I can't imagine that letting it sit and idle while on the ground would
    help it at all. Get it hovering that will be the best for
    break-in.

Don't equate car fuel needs with heli ones.... most advice I've heard
    says to use 15% nitro heli fuel. It's what I've used for the past
    12 months and it's going fine.

Member No. 122
    The avalanche from the hills!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast