QRCHA Helis - Gold Coast, Ripley, Dakabin - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    R/C Newbie
    Hi Guys,

Pretty new to the flying side of RC, so I'm just enquiring as to when the next flying day will be on at Canungra, as I'd love to come along and have a look ?

Cheers
    Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Tomorrow , mate ; you're most welcome , and bring your heli .....
    QLD's Gold Coast.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MA Spectra G's ;Stratus's ; Extreme, E Razor , N Razor, Fury 55 ;Furion 6; Electric , Nitro & Gasser Whiplash's; ,Aeolus 50 3D ; TSA 600N ; TSA 700N; BeastX FBL electronics... XPS 2.4 GhZ radio........ lots of ignored planks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Had yet another FUN day today , as usual !

One of my helis tried to pretend it was a submarine in the creek , it failed ; but didn't damage itself too badly ...

Was a bit of carnage unfortunately; hope Santa has a bag full of heli bits!

But we'll do it all again( hopefully without the carnage ) next Friday and Sunday, because it really is FUN.....
    QLD's Gold Coast.

MA Spectra G's ;Stratus's ; Extreme, E Razor , N Razor, Fury 55 ;Furion 6; Electric , Nitro & Gasser Whiplash's; ,Aeolus 50 3D ; TSA 600N ; TSA 700N; BeastX FBL electronics... XPS 2.4 GhZ radio........ lots of ignored planks

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Hey guys, any events coming up for 2013 in Canungra? Would love to bring my drone down and get some serious fly time happening, obviously when all the storms have blown away though...

It happens at Canungra every Sunday, from 9ish till dark time.......

You're most welcome to bring the machine and join us!!
    QLD's Gold Coast.

Sweet as, I might see ya there depending on the weather but I will definitly get there at some point. Good thing about the drone is that it can take video in the air. Wouldnt it be cool to have some vids up of heli's flying from their perspective? cant wait!
    BTW thanks for the quick reply Peter. Just a quick question too..I've made a launch pad for my Drone, what do you think the interest would be for strong lightweight helipads within the RC Heli side of things?
    20130221_165239.jpg
    Last edited by BigBen; 22-02-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Some do vids from the helis at times, do look spectacular.....

We sometimes use marked pads for the smaller helis, bit of a target to aim for;if we want something for the bigger ones we mark out a 1.2m circle on the grass with paint,flour etc...

see you soon !
    QLD's Gold Coast.

Hello !!

It has been a while since I posted here ; will have to try harder ..

And QRCHA Gold Coast is still thrashing the air into submission , now at Tamborine ,of a Sunday !!!
    QLD's Gold Coast.

And yep , we do still thrash the air into submission at all the QRCHA fields , seem to do more of that fun stuff than posting info here ......
    QLD's Gold Coast.

R/C Novice

Return of the DruiD .. 20th July

Hey Pete,
    Thinking will make the trip (either Tambo or Ripley) not this weekend, but following 20th July as a pre-Tincan warm up

My Son's birthday is 10th July, mine is 12th July - so that puts this weekend fairly full of celebratory dinners, drinks and what not but have told SWMBO that I'm keen for a run on the 20th.

EDIT - Darn - look at my messy autosignature. My Forums subscription must have run out.

We did it all again today , WHAT A BLAST! lots of great flying, even some of mine looked good , to me anyway.....

And no carnage yet again , although Chris tried hard .....
    QLD's Gold Coast.

R/C Novice
    OMG!! What a day!! Beautiful clear skies, some decent flying by all.

I definitely had a VERY severe case of unplanned hard 3D Smack LOL.

Extreme over controlling and dumb thumb moments after momentary loss of orientation nose-in, lead into two out of control spirals, with last one a few feet off the deck and basically only good dose of pure luck and 2 year old muscle memory saving it....3 more packs after that and the heli came home in once piece, 5 packs total flown for the day (Think I need more batteries).

A head speed tweak, smoothing out some of the tension in the throttle gimbal, WOW - so much better. Hats off to Peter for his invaluable assistance and able to "pick' the best change to make such a big difference, allowing rusty fingers to start feeling comfortable again. Loving it!!

Weather permitting, there'll be a a few of us annoying the local Ripley flyers this Sunday...

It'll be FUN, as always...............
    QLD's Gold Coast.

Had another brilliant day at our Ripley field today , great weather , great flying and great company to boot!!

Just might have to do it again, soon....
    QLD's Gold Coast.

R/C Novice
    Definitely was a Fantastic day, great to see the birth of another new TSA Nitro - love that TSA gear, just so sweet "out of the box".
    A big shout out for Peter, another tireless day devoting his time and energy to helping others.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516