Australian RC Forums banner

QRCHA Helis - Gold Coast, Ripley, Dakabin

59K views 315 replies 27 participants last post by  DruiD 
#1 ·
I know there's a large R/C car following on the Coast ; I drive past the Gilston tracks on my way to the flying field , but how many Gold Coast car drivers are also into helis ?
Council will apparently let us fly on the cricket field adjacent to the car tracks , but its a bit small for my helis !!

I'd be interested to hear from any one interested in helis, we have a fun heli group on the coast too ......

www.qrcha.com

Edited by: Peter

#2 ·
We'll be there flying tomorrow , Friday , and Sunday as well .. Everyone is welcome to visit , bring your heli too ........

www.qrcha.com

Reactions: r2160
#3 ·
The Queensland Radio Control Heli Assoc inc , is
holding its monthly get together TOMORROW , Sunday 1st April , at our
Minden field ,,,

All are welcome, always lots of good , and free , advice available..

And some great flying to be seen .......

Info at www.qrcha.com and ;old site ; www.qrcha.org or PM me ....</span>

#4 ·
The usual group will be at the Numingbah Valley field this Friday , and Sunday .. All are welcome!!

Lots of advice and instruction always available , and its FREE too .......

#5 ·
Anybody interested in helicopters should take Peter up on his offer. They are a great bunch of guys and you wont find anybody else more helpful and straight.

glenn

#7 ·
Glenn , r2160 , is the bloke to talk to down there !!

#9 · (Edited)
We'll be doing it again tomorrow, at QRCHA's Gold Coast field, no doubt there'll be heli action at our Dakabin and Ripley fields as well ...

All are welcome , lots of help and advice always available.....

www.qrcha.com

#10 ·
It's on again tomorrow , at QRCHA's Gold coast field , and the other fields as well ;;.. All are welcome ...

www.qrcha.com

#11 ·
There's a great group at the Coast , every Friday and Sunday it's helis only .. lots of free help and advice always available....

#12 ·
It's all happening again tomorrow at QRCHA's Gold Coast heli field .. Help and advice is always available too ...

:):)

#13 · (Edited)
So Peter,

How come you get to be flying all the time mate and I have to haggle for some "me" time.;)

Haven't had much time in the air since we caught up on Skype last - now that I'm working full time, my new job is interfering greatly with my heli time. I bet you just miss my continual barrage of questions and Skype calls!!:D

Ah well - beats being unemployed I guess.

It's quite windy here in Sydney today, so I'm hoping the wind settles down for tomorrow or our long weekend Monday so at least I get some hover practice. Also got the Spektrum neck strap and balance adapter recently, so the radio should be a bit easier to handle.

Cheers,

Steve

#14 ·
I know where I'd rather be!!!!!

Great weather here too ......

#18 ·
Peter,

Whats the secret mate..........how do you get so much air time?

I've hovered one pack in the last 2 weeks!

Looks like you had fun.............as usual!

Cheers,

Steve

#20 ·
It's happening again tomorrow at QRCHA's Gold Coast field ......and our Dakabin and Ripley fields too .... All are welcome ; lots of help and advice always freely available..... :thumb:

#21 ·
It’s a bummer I live on the other side of the country other wise I’d be there with bells on :cheer2::cheer2:
have fun pete !! :boink:

Patty :lalala:

#22 ·
We did , Pat , we had a ball .... In fact , it was sooo much fun we're doing it all again this Friday, and Sunday as well ........

#23 ·
AND , we're going to do it again this Friday and Sunday too ...........

Remember , all are welcome ; lots of help and advice always available

#24 ·
AND , it'll all happen at the Gold Coast this weekend again !!!

#25 ·
What's this rumour about some heli falling out of the sky peter???
Nothing to major i hope .... would have hated to miss something spectacular like Jermeys last weekend ;-)
Not sure if i'll be able to make sunday but just quietly, i'm thinking of a saturday afternoon fly if you are keen.
P.s would be great to get this thread up and running!!! lots of potential

#26 ·
not as good as Jeremys !! HMM .. Sat arvo .... Brad mentioned that today too .. hhhmmmmmmmmmm you never know.......

Agreed about this thread /site!!

#27 ·
Was one of the most enjoyable days I can recall at the Coast today .

. All the usual great flying , Graham did his first loops and rolls this morning; Caleb DIDN,T crash ;
Jim is almost there with his height control , Bronze wings very soon !! ; Caleb DIDN,T crash ;
Gavin A has his 600 sorted and hooting ; Caleb DIDN'T crash ;
my 3 Spectra G's all got a workout and are hooting ; Caleb DIDN'T crash ;
Steve and Roy continue to amase with their flying ; Caleb DIDN'T crash ...
Andrew had 2.8 successful autos, was pretty excited to finish the day almost unscathed!!, then showed us where some of the trees are with his Stryker plank !!! Caleb DIDN,T crash .....

the Finale this arvo was Dan G and Caleb trying to fly sort of formation, was awesome and only 1 near miss!! And Caleb DIDN,T crash !!!

Club numbers grew again today , it just keeps getting bigger and better ....

And had the headlights on to see our way out again too ........

Just another GREAT DAY at QRCHA's Gold Coast field ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.