Australian RC Forums banner

QRCHA Helis - Gold Coast, Ripley, Dakabin

59K views 315 replies 27 participants last post by  DruiD 
#1 ·
I know there's a large R/C car following on the Coast ; I drive past the Gilston tracks on my way to the flying field , but how many Gold Coast car drivers are also into helis ?
Council will apparently let us fly on the cricket field adjacent to the car tracks , but its a bit small for my helis !!

I'd be interested to hear from any one interested in helis, we have a fun heli group on the coast too ......

www.qrcha.com

Edited by: Peter

#294 ·
Only need blades, had an untidy auto... DOWN WIND... and it fell over at the bottom. It was the Flybar model, so I was going to go FBL... but given I won;t be ready by Wednesday... I'll just get some blades.

The new Align DFC FBL head looks AWESOME... so simple.

#295 ·
Was another FUN day at the field last Sunday , had 3 flyers started the day on trainer wheels , one of them is now flying free , and another is very close to not needing the trainers,he just wants them !!!

A bit of carnage, happens when we push the envelope , but Matt's 500 crash was the best I've seen; and another 500 flyer scored his Bronze wings , made it look easy ....

Lots of spectators too , and more newbies, the Canungra field was hummimg..

And it'll happen at QRCHA's Ripley field on Wednesday again ....

#296 ·
Hey guys, Ill be shooting between qld and NSW quite frequently, what's the go with flying up there? I fly both planks and helis but doesn't worry me if its a heli only field, and also how far is it from Southport?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2

#297 ·
The Canungra field is about 30 mins from Southport , depending on traffic ....

You're welcome to fly with us , as is any heli flyer !

Bring your MAAA card with you ...... makes life much simpler .....

When are you escaping the crap weather down there ? looks like you might be bringing it with you though ......

#298 ·
Lots of fun will be happening at the Canungra field tomorrow , and no doubt at Ripley and Dakabin too , it's what we do !

And again at Ripley on Monday; love these public holidays........

#299 ·
Been too long since I've posted in this thread , but it's just because all the usual FUN still happens at all the QRCHA fields..

Except this weekend there's no flying at the Canungra field , we'll be thrashing the air at our Ripley field instead, just 'cos we can !!

Everyone is welcome to turn up at the Ripley field on Sunday , with your heli of course , for lots of FUN flying!!

#300 ·
Mr AUSRC himself , along with a few friends , even me!! , will be trying to thrash the air into submission at QRCHA's Ripley field tomorrow..:D:D..

I might even let him touch my Whiplash gasser ;);)...

As always , it'll be FUN........

#302 ·
Tomorrow , mate ; you're most welcome , and bring your heli .....

#303 ·
Had yet another FUN day today , as usual !

One of my helis tried to pretend it was a submarine in the creek , it failed ; but didn't damage itself too badly ...

Was a bit of carnage unfortunately; hope Santa has a bag full of heli bits!

But we'll do it all again( hopefully without the carnage ) next Friday and Sunday, because it really is FUN.....

#305 ·
It happens at Canungra every Sunday, from 9ish till dark time.......

You're most welcome to bring the machine and join us!!

#306 · (Edited)
Sweet as, I might see ya there depending on the weather but I will definitly get there at some point. Good thing about the drone is that it can take video in the air. Wouldnt it be cool to have some vids up of heli's flying from their perspective? cant wait!
BTW thanks for the quick reply Peter. Just a quick question too..I've made a launch pad for my Drone, what do you think the interest would be for strong lightweight helipads within the RC Heli side of things?
Wood Sleeve Font Rectangle Hardwood

#307 ·
Some do vids from the helis at times, do look spectacular.....

We sometimes use marked pads for the smaller helis, bit of a target to aim for;if we want something for the bigger ones we mark out a 1.2m circle on the grass with paint,flour etc...

see you soon !

#309 ·
Hello !!

It has been a while since I posted here ; will have to try harder ..

And QRCHA Gold Coast is still thrashing the air into submission , now at Tamborine ,of a Sunday !!!

#310 ·
And yep , we do still thrash the air into submission at all the QRCHA fields , seem to do more of that fun stuff than posting info here ......

#311 ·
Return of the DruiD .. 20th July

Hey Pete,
Thinking will make the trip (either Tambo or Ripley) not this weekend, but following 20th July as a pre-Tincan warm up :)

My Son's birthday is 10th July, mine is 12th July - so that puts this weekend fairly full of celebratory dinners, drinks and what not but have told SWMBO that I'm keen for a run on the 20th.

EDIT - Darn - look at my messy autosignature. My Forums subscription must have run out.

#312 ·
We did it all again today , WHAT A BLAST! lots of great flying, even some of mine looked good , to me anyway.....

And no carnage yet again , although Chris tried hard .....

#313 ·
OMG!! What a day!! Beautiful clear skies, some decent flying by all.

I definitely had a VERY severe case of unplanned hard 3D Smack LOL.

Extreme over controlling and dumb thumb moments after momentary loss of orientation nose-in, lead into two out of control spirals, with last one a few feet off the deck and basically only good dose of pure luck and 2 year old muscle memory saving it....3 more packs after that and the heli came home in once piece, 5 packs total flown for the day (Think I need more batteries).

A head speed tweak, smoothing out some of the tension in the throttle gimbal, WOW - so much better. Hats off to Peter for his invaluable assistance and able to "pick' the best change to make such a big difference, allowing rusty fingers to start feeling comfortable again. Loving it!!

#314 ·
Weather permitting, there'll be a a few of us annoying the local Ripley flyers this Sunday...

It'll be FUN, as always...............

#315 ·
Had another brilliant day at our Ripley field today , great weather , great flying and great company to boot!!

Just might have to do it again, soon....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.