Adelaide BMX tracks
Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thought I would start a thread on BMX tracks in Adelaide suitable for bashing. If you know of any that I don't mention please enlighten us all!

The two best ones I know of are West Lakes, off Grand Junction Road, and one at Salisbury, Kings Road I think. Thereis one, actually its 3 in the same spot, in the southern parklands but on weekends you will be competing with bike riders and possibly angry fathers.

I tried the St Agnes club track once but the jumps are too severe, almost verticle, and its not actually open to the public. (try the side gate its usually open!).

The local council is supposed to be rebuilding the track at Gunda reserve, Fairvew Park. At the moment its junk.

There are two tracks thatI have read about but can't find, Wynn Vale oval at Wynn Vale and Elliston Reserve at Highbury.

Thats all I can think of at the moment, if you can add anything please do!

Edit, The definitive list!

Salisbury Heights, Canterbury Drv Salisbury Heights

Salisbury,Corner of Kings Rd and Martins Rd Salisbury

Salisbury North, Diment Rd Salisbury North

St Agnes,Smart Rd St Agnes (Fenced off but check the side gate!)

West Lakes, Grand Junction Rd West Lakes.

Wynn Vale, ? St, Wynn Vale oval

Elliston Reserve, Corner of Awonga Rd and Lower North East Rd Highbury

Adelaide, Pultney St in the parklands

Paradise, Darley Rd, opposite the bus interchange

Regency Park, Cowan Ave

Para Vista, Corner Nelson Rd andBarina Rd Para Vista

Aberfoyle Park, Taylors Rd West Aberfoyle Pk, Happy Valley Sports Park

Happy Valley, Candy's Rd?

Salisbury North, Decimal Rd, It's an oval track for pushbikes

Morphett Vale, Wheatshiff Rd Morphett Vale, Shephards Hill Recreation Park(actual RC track)

Morphett Vale, States Rd, behind basketball court

Hallet Cove,Lonsdale Freeway? Hallet Cove

Broadview, Myponga Tce, Whittle Reserve

Woodside, ? St

Salisbury, Bremen Drv Salisbury (I think this one is fully fenced off and we cant get in so bring ya boltcutters!Edited by: mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

mike oh god thank u so much!! hey i live in Adelaide and have a
    savage!! i hav been waiting for some 1 to speak on this forum that are
    from Adelaide. na i recon the best BMX track is Pultny street in town.
    i go on sundays. so long hav i been waitng for some 1 to bash with..

anyways my names John and give me a call if u want 0403179043 no pranks people :-) haha.

oh and hope fully soon there is soon to be opened a off road track in Port gawler for us. more details soon

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Yea I know about the Port Gawler track, a long way to go for a bash I reckon. Pultney st was packed when I went there last long weekend. There were a cupla dudes there with a savage and a Tmax.

I went to the salisbury track today and if you havent been you should try it. Its a wikid place to run and hardly ever anyone there.

I will most likely be going to salisbury next weekend if you want have a bash with us.

dude do u have MSN?? if next weekend is the 10th?? sorry dude im
    unable. i g2g to the farm to check on things happening up there. but
    for sum reason my mate in SA Hobby centre says that there a savage sold
    every week. i dont se em eny were. i would really like to advertise
    this forum to my LHS but keep on forgetting to reming them.

That cool theres the week after, or the week after that, or the..... I'll post on here or msg you or something.

ok boys

John you know who I am but Mike, i am Jason good to meet another adelaide person, if you are looking at tracks around the north mike, i like near the salisbury track, another track is at the paradise interchange its not the nest but it is something to mess around on, I have been eyeing off the one in st agnas i reakon one i get my truck back on the road ill take em on, when i find more i will keep you posted mike add me to msn if you have it, [email protected]

Jason

Cowan avenue, Regency Park (behind the Greyhound track) hasa BMX track in the middle of a park. Its just past some shops + has nice size jumps + turns, but they can be a bit chunked due to vandals but that just makes them more challenging.

Another good one is on Diment road, Salisbury north next to the train line.

Womma road Elizabeth West has a wicked looking track next to the soccer club.. im unsure if you can get in (never tried)

Mitchell park has a proper offroad RC track u can get to anytime,but it doesnt have nice jumps like a BMX trackEdited by: Oblivion

Thanks for that info guys. I live near the Paradise 'track', bummer the council didn't put a bit more effort into those mounds and make a track out of them. I grab some reasonable air off them. Had a blast in the sk8 pit once to.

Oblivian, is the track you mention on Diment road the one next the swimming centre on Kings road? I'll check out Womma road, I thought that one had been removed, maybe you just can't see it from the road anymore as I remember seeing it cupla years ago but not recently.

Never seen the one at Regency Park I'll have a look. Is it the same street as the onroad club but continue west?

yes, pass the onroad club, pass the shops, and its about 100metres on your left.

me + my matesregularly thrash our nitro tourers at that club, i live a few blocks from there

diment road is not near kings road.

Go down waterloo corner road, turn onto bagsters road. Just before the train line (near the back of RAAF) is diment road. it follows along near the train line, and the BMX track is on the right hand side, easily seen thru the trees.

thanks allso for the in put. i race at mitchell park on the race days.
    it doesnt hav jumps big enough for the savage but i meet up with the
    guys. regency park is not there any more i think.

yeah the offroad club at regency park is long gone, but if u look closely u can see some of its remains, like an unsafe looking drivers stand with rotting wood lol

Im hoping to go to mitchell park this sunday with my rustler, maybe ill see ya there.. ive been before just for a thrash, (twice) but never for a race meeting because my old traxxas pro.15motor was getting a bit tired and stalled occasionally..

Now she's rippin up my backyard with that 2.5 engine, but i gotta tune it a little better because it come out my touring car which had a different muffler (truck has a CVEC)

I wish they would add some more track length to mitchell park, and make a nice double, and some moguls to kinda make the track a bit more action packed, but i still enjoy it how it is.. I tend to do too much jumping to/from the track, thats a killer jump if u hit it nicely (and a truck killer if u get it wrong Edited by: Oblivion

dude do u hav MSN?? yeh im gonna be there hope to see ya. dont
    worry there soon to be a NEW yes NEW track opening in Port Gawler soon
    they say. im got romp at that track. but i will need a
    new engine soon my S-25 with 42.5 liters through it is just about dead.
    man i need money. cam i mow any1ns laws for em?? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmccullough

ok boys

John you know who I am but Mike, i am Jason good to meet another adelaide person, if you are looking at tracks around the north mike, i like near the salisbury track, another track is at the paradise interchange its not the nest but it is something to mess around on, I have been eyeing off the one in st agnas i reakon one i get my truck back on the road ill take em on, when i find more i will keep you posted mike add me to msn if you have it, <A href="mailto[email protected]"&gt;[email protected]</A>

Jason

We went down to the St Anges BMX track last Sunday &amp; had a run, if it was no go I was going to try the near the busway opp. the Paradise exchange.

I remember the one in town, we used to take the kid &amp; their bike there. What about the 1/10 track near Mitsubishi ?

[/QUOTE]

What about the 1/10 track near Mitsubishi ?

[/QUOTE]

Don't know this one could you give directions.

Quote Originally Posted by mike

What about the 1/10 track near Mitsubishi ?

[/QUOTE]

Don't know this one could you give directions.

[/QUOTE]

Bradley Res. Mitchell park I think

yup, thats the one..

www.sdmcc.asn.au have all the info.

Thanks guys I know that one, didn't realise it was close to mistubishies.

Guys went down to Salisbury &amp; had a run, the small BMX track is a good loop to turn some laps.....Good enough to kill the front tyres in 4 tanks of fuel.

IMHO better than the Tea Tree Gully BMX track, I have a few photo's if required.

I'll be going there about 1.30pm tomoro

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast