Australian RC Forums banner

Trouble understanding the difference between Safe and AS3X systems

Tags
as3x safe
7K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Specialized29er 
#1 ·
After a 25 year break I'm back to wanting to fly RC planes again. Have a great Planes simulator thats helping and have purchased a Horizon Hobby Timber to fly and regain my skills.
I'm trying to setup the Timber and don't understand the difference between the Safe and the AS3X modes.
When binding the plane theirs 2 binding methods, one being Safe and the other being AS3X only. In the Safe mode is the AS3X automatically setup and in the the AS3X only mode doesn't this have the Safe mode.
Is this correct in the Safe mode the system automatically corrects the controls with a flick of a switch should I get into trouble and in the AS3X mode this only stabilizes the flight and doesnt have the Safe mode switched on.

Then again do I need to setup the Safe binding and then also the AS3X only mode.

Please help I'm stumped.

#2 ·
G'Day Owen. Yeah I'm getting back into the hobby after a 20 year break. The introduction of automation takes a bit of learning. I'm not familiar with spektum gear but it looks to be that they have incorporated their receiver and flight controller into one unit. Pretty neat really.

If I was you I'd start your research here, particularly the videos down the bottom.

https://www.spektrumrc.com/Technology/AS3X.aspx

Hope this helps. I'm not very experienced with this newer gear but feel free to hit me up if you have any more general questions.

#3 ·
Thanks for the help guys, sounds simple once you know how, when, where and why.
I'm told the AS3X is automatically turned on all the time with the Timber and its the safe mode that needs binding.
Sounds easy but when the assembly manual shows Safe binding and also the normal AS3X only binding that gets confusing for us newbys to the latest technology's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.