Australian RC Forums banner

New member in Adelaide

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Charles H 
#1 ·
Hi everyone - In response to the welcome letter I received when I joined here, I'm in Adelaide (southern suburb) and am an R/C newbie. I've recently retired, after 25 years as a medical research assistant, and ten years of making window blinds and awnings.

I'm currently painting the house exterior, having finished the interior. I quit smoking three months ago (so far, going fine!), and the R/C truck I'm building is a great way to keep hands and mind occupied! I've posted separately in the (hopefully) correct place about things which I'm struggling a bit with, etc. It's a 1:10 Nitro monster truck; the (apparently not the greatest) one which came out from newsagents in parts, back in 2006.

cheers,

Charles

#3 ·
Thanks, Simo! No, I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough to modify - being a newbie, I just want to follow instructions to the letter, or seek help if I have problems. I intend to learn to walk before attempting running. I've rebuilt my truck, but still have (rear) differential problems, and have yet to try a first engine start. I've just posted about it in the thread I started here not long ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.